+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sonus Faber

I'm Shane.

Default Sonus Faber

Seriously considering in getting Harbeth PSESR by the end of the year/ early next year. Fail that mission, then maybe some old Dynaudio Focus 110.

Another Speaker on the list, are the Sonus Faber Bookshelf's/Stand Mounts.

Which are the good Sonus Faber bookshelf speakers worth getting secondhand?

I've noticed that some people rave more for the older Sonus Faber's (1990's vintage)

I enjoy speakers that sound warm, and keep good composure at high volume levels. Sometimes my volume can go as high to 10-12 o'clock.....Depending on the music/mood of course.

Cheers.

S.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Some old Dyn-Audios * were harsh and 'hifi' to me, with a cold presentation that never drew 'me' in at any rate. Harbeths as you describe are warm and 'friendly' in comparison. The 'truth' may be somewhere in between, but with suitable amp choice it ain't a problem with the P3-ESR

Sonus Fabers don't all sound the same, so you'll have to be specific in model choice. At their best, older 'affordable' models such as the Concerto (in all versions if set up high) sound excellent and the solid boxes do make a definite contribution. Other models either had no bass or warm tones depending on model... I was a huge fan of the original Cremona I remember. I think another favourite from the old days was the Minima Armator - I think that's the one as they did so many, around £1500 in the late to 90's early noughties. Set high on their adjustable stands, they offered a truly holographic image and a wide-open window into the gear driving them and taking no prisoners if you got it wrong! A few years later, the small Cremona Auditor could sound ripe and ploddy in the mid-bass - far worse than any Harbeth imo, if you got it wrong...

Hope this helps a bit. Just don't buy a Harbeth, Dyn-Audio or Sonus Faber without doing some homework. * - I must learn too, not to judge an entire range or production run over decades, by a few models from one old product range as any company must be allowed to evolve.
    Last edited by DSJR; 14-09-2017 at 10:03.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Shane.

Ta, Dave.

S.

I'm Geoff.

Sonus Faber Electa.

Heard these loads of times. Very transparent and sound bigger than they look. Image very well. Tricky to find a mint pair though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Con.

Hi Shane . I've listened to Sonus Faber and Dynaudio ,have gone threw a few Dyn's but one that stands out and which I own know are the Dynaudio FOCUS 110 absolutely brilliant.( IMO).

+ Reply to Thread