+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: B&W DM2 Speakers

I'm Geoff.

Still available.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Goodness - haven't these been snapped up by now? Come on folks - these are an absolute bargain!
    Barry

I'm Christopher.

Tempting to swap these into my main system and then put my DM600s in my second system.
    Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm Rohan.

I've heard both (parents had DM600 before I gave them Ruark Templars for Christmas and I own a pair of DM2a) and that's exactly what you should do. The difference in scale will be very pleasing, presumably.

These are yet another unacknowledged gem of 70s hifi. I remember playing the now-infamous James Blake "Limit To Your Love" with these and really enjoying the experience. Mid-bass in spades, crystal clear, and very impressive!
    Last edited by VanDerGraaf; 11-01-2018 at 22:07. Reason: model number correction

I'm Geoff.

Thanks for the positive comments folks.

Ceejaydee - you're welcome to come over for a listen. £100 isn't a lot of a risk!

I'm Christopher.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff101 View Post
    Thanks for the positive comments folks.

Ceejaydee - you're welcome to come over for a listen. £100 isn't a lot of a risk!
    I'll see where I am at the end of the month and may just do that!
    Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm Geoff.

Still here. Just pulled them out of storage to give them some exercise.
    Strong mids, tight bass. Come on folks, too good to be locked away!

I'd consider a swap for some decent small stand mounts, or slimmer floor standers.

Geoff
    Last edited by Geoff101; 28-01-2018 at 17:29.

I'm DAVID.

Default B W DM2

Are These the model with the 3 position knob near connectors for ' flat' / treble 2 dB down and / 2dB up yo adjust for room acoustic ? ( mine are do equipped and it's very useful and ' clean'). DM2a model
    My audible range 20hz to 10Khz Yours?

I'm Geoff.

SOLD

I'm gone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast