+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLOCKS

I'm Alan.

Default CLOCKS

I was hobbling round a car boot fair at the weekend...stick in one hand and my partner holding me up...and spotted a rather nice clock..It's made from an old 10" 78 record with a quality clock movement with a sweeping hand (rather than the tick tock type)...Image below...up on the wall of my man cave (music room)...very nice it is too..I've seen clocks made from cd's but this looks far superior..imho...

The guy who makes them is from Stanley Co.Durham...."In Record Time"...

inrecordtime2000@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/inrecordtimedurham

I have nothing to do with this enterprise, other than I've bought a clock from him...I hope this is not breaking the rules..if this be the case, then mods feel free to delete this thread.....

[IMG]CLOCK 78 by alan moon, on Flickr[/IMG]
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Geoff.

Well it's definitely audio related, looks good and is interesting! It might be argued that it belongs in Abstract Chat though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Well it's definitely audio related, looks good and is interesting! It might be argued that it belongs in Abstract Chat though.
    please feel free to re-locate the thread Geoff..I did though think, that this is a stroke of genius...and would look great on the wall of anyone's music room

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    please feel free to re-locate the thread Geoff..I did though think, that this is a stroke of genius...and would look great on the wall of anyone's music room
    Aye maybe better...

My mate used to make these with 45,s and lps...picture discs quite often. He made a few bob at it but like anything, the demand dropped
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Looks good. Only problem I have with clocks like that is I can't deal with the ticking.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Looks good. Only problem I have with clocks like that is I can't deal with the ticking.
    movement with a sweeping hand (rather than the tick tock type)...

I'm Martin.

That's good then. Nothing worse than ticking clocks. If I stop over at my mother's place I have to disable all the clocks in the bedroom before I can sleep. It can take a while to track them all down. You think you got the last one, get back in bed, then 'tick..tick...tick..'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That's good then. Nothing worse than ticking clocks. If I stop over at my mother's place I have to disable all the clocks in the bedroom before I can sleep. It can take a while to track them all down. You think you got the last one, get back in bed, then 'tick..tick...tick..'
    We have a grandfather clock that came down the generations. tick tock tick tock - love it!

Mind you it can't be heard in bedrooms. If it did I would sell it and use the money to add to the audio fund. Saving up for some MBL speakers - should get there in about 200 years.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm peter.

Bit like this one

Not cheap but seems good quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HEGEL H100 integrated amp
    REGA rp6/exact cart
    REGA Apollo r CD
    NEAT ELITE SE loudspeakers
    BERESFORD bushmaster mk2 dac