+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD Subwoofer

I'm Robert.

Default WTD Subwoofer

I am looking to buy a subwoofer to compliment my full range electrostatic speakers. As this will be an experiment I do not want to spend lots of money.

So if anybody has an older quality subwoofer up for sale that can be shipped UK if needed let me know. WHYG.

I'm Peter.

Shame really, I have a B&W PV1D available, that I used with my Kef 105/3s (almost new... perfect) an absolute perfect match for your speakers.

You wont find many sub bass units that have the EQ facilities that you require to perfectly match your speakers. It's more complex than you think.

So be careful what you buy

Good luck

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

Look out for a REL Stadium, I use one to excellent effect with my electrostatics.

I'm Pete.

I have a Gale SUB 6 active subwoofer that I am thinking of selling, boxed with manual.

I would provide a url for this sub but it seems that Gale no longer have a website and google is not being very helpful ... Aha! Found an old shpock ad with specs and images here http://en.shpock.com/i/V0CSudTpJllqi0Z8/

I would accept £55 inc P&P if interested.

I'm Robert.

Thanks for the info so far guys but still looking.

I'm Steve.

Hi Robert,
    I have a kef sub, part of a 1505 surround system
    It has adjustable EQ but only a 200 watt built in amp

Steve...

https://www.whathifi.com/kef/kht1505/review
    Last edited by STD305M; 13-09-2017 at 15:04. Reason: review link

I'm Andy.

Hi Robert

I have 2 Usher Audio SW-103 subs that I will sell.
    If interested drop me a PM and we can discuss.
    Both boxed and in great condition.
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm Chris.

I have a RUARK LOG-RYTHM subwoofer which I have been considering selling - but still enjoy using. The wife would be please to see the back of it as it's in plain sight beside the TV equipment. It's an 'excellent' sub and still working perfectly and compliments both movies and music brilliantly.

I looking for £250 to persuade me to part with it. Too heavy to deliver - I'm in Norfolk. I could meet your halfway though for the price of fuel if that helps (depending how far halfway happens to be of course).

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I don't know what electrostatic speakers you use Robert, but for a long time I wanted to try using a sub-woofer with my Quad 57s, but didn't want to shell out much as there was no guarantee of success.

Fortunately a friend of mine offered to loan me his KEF sub (forget the exact model, but it had a 200w amp), which formed part of his AV system, for a month or two to experiment with.

I have to say I didn't get on with it. I set the roll-off frequency to the highest value of 50Hz, but could not find a level setting without it either having no effect on the sound from my listening position or being too intrusive and artificial. Adjusting the phase didn't help either.

Hope you have more success.
    Barry

I'm Alan.

Just for info I've got my Stadium sub set at 40Hz crossover with my Quad 57's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast