+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WTD: Plinius/Karan integrated or Gamut D200

I'm Spencer.

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    this is one of the downside of audiophilits............explaining to SWMBO
    Most of us just lie through our teeth !!!
    I had a momentary memory loss, for some reason told the wife the amp was £1700, as opposed to the £2400 I paid. Don't know what happened there....

I'm Spencer.

So, no matter how hard I have tried, I have just not been able to get on with the Dynaudio's. Tried a number of amps thanks to some very helpful forum members, but to no avail.

Heading back to the BBC sound with tail between my legs, have listened to the current Spendor line-up and thought they were my cup of tea, if still a little forward in the treble. Heading this evening for a demo of Spendor S8e on the end of a Croft/Icon valve set up, hoping that will be to my liking...

If the Spendor's do the trick will be on the look out for valve amp/s methinks.
    Thanks all for chipping in, as a newbie I've gone around the houses a little, discovering I prefer a more laid back natural sound, fortunately I haven't lost too much dosh along the way.

I'm Martin.

Thought you'd bought a big Plinius.....told ya you should have come and listened to mine !!
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Spencer.

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    Thought you'd bought a big Plinius.....told ya you should have come and listened to mine !!
    Yep, bought a hautonga, but combination of that and the speakers was just too forward for me.

I'm Stephen.

It may not be of interest now, but I have a Karan KA i180 integrated which I plan to sell soon. The sound is very neutral and erring on the warm side. Not shrill or forward.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    It may not be of interest now, but I have a Karan KA i180 integrated which I plan to sell soon. The sound is very neutral and erring on the warm side. Not shrill or forward.
    lovely amp stephen
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Spencer.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    As the saying goes, 'like waiting for a bus....'. Thanks for the heads up Stephen, would still like to try on I must say. Hoping to collect Spendor's tomorrow, will then tackle amps but have to say they sounded great with croft valves

I'm Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spenagio View Post
    As the saying goes, 'like waiting for a bus....'. Thanks for the heads up Stephen, would still like to try on I must say. Hoping to collect Spendor's tomorrow, will then tackle amps but have to say they sounded great with croft valves
    You're welcome Spencer. I hope it works out well for you whichever direction you choose to go in....

Cheers.

I'm Spencer.

Hi Stephen, think you pipped me to this one over on PFM a few months back. Let me know cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345