+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Usual Rega too fast problem

I'm richard.

Thanks one and all for the guidance - really do appreciate the wisdom !

I will try the CD/LP comparison idea and will definitely get some kind of strobe either using the mains or battery powered.

I have no other belts to play with having reverted to the Rega Black from the (upgraded) White and onto the Edwards Blue belt - that dropped the RPM. Which assuming the appls inaccuracy is a constant then thats a small result.

.......... when all said and done me thinks I'll have to live with this or get a new TT as there's no point in buying a Rega TT PSU

I'm richard.

Quote Originally Posted by bbbiker800 View Post
    Thanks one and all for the guidance - really do appreciate the wisdom !

I will try the CD/LP comparison idea and will definitely get some kind of strobe either using the mains or battery powered.

I have no other belts to play with having reverted to the Rega Black from the (upgraded) White and onto the Edwards Blue belt - that dropped the RPM. Which assuming the appls inaccuracy is a constant then thats a small result.

.......... when all said and done me thinks I'll have to live with this or get a new TT as there's no point in buying a Rega TT PSU
    All - I apologise for re-opening this but I thought I'd just update the responders with some results to their ideas/thoughts.

I tried the CD/LP comparision idea and had real problems trying to sync tracks and switch between them. I'd say that ended with me thinking that there was no really obvious speed difference. The two different presentations of the same thing were actually quite distracting.

However, my company gave me a new Samsung J5 and just out of interest, I tried the same appl. Result is 33.4/5 on the Edwards belt. I think i'll live with that.
    Thats interesting as it points to a more accurate accelerometer in that phone whilst the appl version/release is the same.

I also did a manual strobe check (using paper disk and LED torch). That looked that it wasn't quite steady at 33.33 (50hz). An expensive pukka handheld electronic unit would be accurate and indicate the real RPM but that's more expense !.

So, i'll live with that result.

But, I now understand that the new Neo Rega TT PSU has a speed adjustment. Its not unreasonable to ask whether that feature is an acknowledgement their tables run a little bit fast. It would be interesting to hear if anyone is using one on their older TT and whether it has delivered benefits? If it does and i can get a good deal I might think about that (hypocrite !).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234