+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Dickchy

I'm Richard.

Cool Hello from Dickchy

Hello all,
    New to the AoS so here is my current system.

Linn Axis/Akito/Adikt with Hercules PSU. This is feeding a Rothwell Rialto phono stage

CD: Cyrus CSi with external PSU

Pre-amp: Puresound L10

Power amp: Modwright KW150SE

Speakers: Spendor S5e (Boenicke W8 on trial order)

Interconnects: Oriton Orange Symphony

Speaker cable: Townsend Isolda

I'm gone.

Hi Richard - welcome to AOS!

I'm Richard.

Talking Thanks

Hope you sell the Puresound L10, it’s a brilliant pre-amp, I love mine

I'm gone.

I must confess that I wouldn't be at all upset if a buyer didn't come along for the L10.
    I am sure it won't be too long before my system changes configuration again and needs a pre. I suspect it's the best one that I have owned.

Do you have plans to upgrade your source? It seems to be lagging a bit behind your electronics!

I'm Geoff.

Hi Richard. Welcome to AOS.

You have some nice equipment there. tell us what future plans if any you may have for your system and what music you like.

Take a look around and join in the chat, it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Richard.

Default Music and upgrades

Hello Jerry and all,
    Agreed about my source!
    To be honest I won’t ever change the Axis/Akito as I’ve had it from new for nearly 25 years and it’s part of my life. However, I am looking for a secondhand phono stage - EAR 834p or similar. I have been having a discussion about this with another hi fi group and may well go back to a moving coil with a decent SUT - probably Puresound if I can find one, however suggestions welcome.
    I would also welcome some ideas to better the Cyrus CSI. I find it very detailed but almost too forceful if that makes sense. I would prefer something a little more languid and musical - again suggestions welcome either new or second hand, though it must be a front loader to fit my rack.

Musically I like what my other half calls “woozy West coast stuff” Grateful Dead, Byrd’s, CSNY, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Love and so on. However I do try to please her by listening to “modern” rock like Van Morrison, Springsteen, Clapton and even a little Willie Nelson.

Look forward to lots of ideas.

+ Reply to Thread