+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denon DP-62l Turntable voltage?

I'm Guy.

Default Denon DP-62l Turntable voltage?

Hey all,

I just bought an old Denon DP-62l turntable that I was told needed a US plug so I thought it was 120v so would need a step down convertor however the labels says "~120v, 220v, 240v".

Does that mean it is multi voltage and I can just put a UK plug on the end and plug it in?

Guy

I'm Guy.

Found the voltage selector. It was under the platter. Not sure how to set it though as I can't see the selected position. The whole thing turns around so not sure which setting is actually 240v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Guy.

I'm Kevin.

Looks like you should line the 240 marking up with the silver dot. Try it with 'off'next to the dot if nothing happens turn it 240.

I'm stuart.

I was watching that TT on ebay and it vanished, now I know where!

I'm Guy.

Ha ha!

It didn't work...the person that sold it was a bit evasive. He said it needed a US plug as he got it from the US but when I asked about whether it worked he didn't really answer, kind of said it worked but that he hadn't used it. I think he possibly plugged it in to the UK mains without knowing he needed to change the voltage and knew it didn't work when he sold it.

Having said all that I managed to get it working. It was just a blown fuse. The fuse was soldered in so I soldered a bit of fuse wire to the ends of the fuse caps and it all seems to function. It needs a good setup and probably a new cart so I haven't manage to do a play test yet. But at least it powers up and rotates now

Guy

I'm Guy.

Default Denon DP-62l Turntable voltage?

So the left channel didn't work either.

Thankfully it was the captive RCA cables rather than anywhere in the tone arm or the wand!

I only had a set of fairly thick Van Den Hul cables with loads of shielding and fluff inside.

I stripped the ends and soldered then to the PCB board in place of the standard cables. It was a bit tricky due to the above mentioned bulk, shielding and fluff/cotton (or what ever it was).

It all appears to work fine now. I connected my Denon A100 cartridge and HA-500 head amp and it sounds great

Not bad for £100

Last edited by guyb; 10-09-2017 at 16:17.

I'm stuart.

Wtf, you got it for £100????

Bigman80 Guest

I'm speechless.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm gone.

I had a 62L - a stunning looking machine. Many visitors said it was the best looking turntable they had ever seen.
    £100.
    Blimey - bargain!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast