+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FS: Alphason HR100mcs tonearm

Bigman80 Guest

Still for sale.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Dennis.

I am interested and need a little help/prompting, perhaps from DJSR.

I have a Linn which I have never really liked, low end (Val), and years ago changed the Ittok 2 for a RB300, running a Denon DL304.

Would the Alphason work with this, and will it work well please.

I've been thinking about a deck change, but not done any research yet, and am considering changing some of the (nasty) Linn metalwork for better home made stuff first. The simplicity of the Linn appeals maintenance wise compared with say a TD 124 with its loads of bearings and wheels and clunking parts to damp etc.

Bigman80 Guest

The Alphason doesn't weigh a ton so suspended decks shouldn't be an issue AFAIK. It doesn't have a reputation on being fussy about cartridges either. I only used a ZYX with it so can't say from first hand experience.

It's an all time great tonearm. I'm sure every will tell you the same.

Bigman80 Guest

Original post edited. ***Denotes change***

Bigman80 Guest

Ok boys and girls, I'm going to get the DIN fitted before selling it. I nearly lost the cartridge tags into the arm last night when the cable came loose so I'm not happy to send it out in a non working order (I've cut the cable off))

It'sll for sale, same price, but won't be posted untill the DIN is installed. Maybe 7-10 days time.

£600 Collected

£625 Delivered - I'll refund the difference in postage if it's less than I estimate.

I'm jamie.

is the arm tube foam filled ?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

I think It is. Not the easiest thing to see but there is definitely something foam like in it.

I'm Michael.

I am led to understand reading in the Pink Triangle forum on Vinyl Engine, that the arm you are selling works very well on PT decks. If I wasn't already happy with my Zeta I would be interested myself.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Avinunca1 View Post
    I am led to understand reading in the Pink Triangle forum on Vinyl Engine, that the arm you are selling works very well on PT decks. If I wasn't already happy with my Zeta I would be interested myself.
    Yes, that's certainly the case. Enjoy the Zeta!

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    I am interested and need a little help/prompting, perhaps from DJSR.

I have a Linn which I have never really liked, low end (Val), and years ago changed the Ittok 2 for a RB300, running a Denon DL304.

Would the Alphason work with this, and will it work well please.

I've been thinking about a deck change, but not done any research yet, and am considering changing some of the (nasty) Linn metalwork for better home made stuff first. The simplicity of the Linn appeals maintenance wise compared with say a TD 124 with its loads of bearings and wheels and clunking parts to damp etc.
    I used one of these with an LP12 and later on a Rock, I thought it was a significant upgrade over the Ittok and far ahead over an RB300. It's a really superb arm with the likes of a ZXY or a Lyra, you don't want anything too low compliance but otherwise relatively easy to match up.

BTW I run a TD124 after being round the houses (LP12 with all the upgrades, Rock Reference, Voyd 3 motor, Garrard 401, assorted Lencos, JVC DD and several others) and I'd say once you get the TD124 sorted it stays put far better than an LP12 which needs the suspension regularly kept on top of.

Anyway I'm a big fan of the Alphason, it's a seriously hard act to follow if it's been sensitively matched for cartridge and set up properly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast