+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rega Brio (2017)

I'm Shane.

Default Rega Brio (2017)

Any good?

Big improvement over the Brio-R?

S.

I'm Patrick.

I've got the Rega brio 2017 and I am very happy with it. I suspect I will be using on a longterm basis unless the lottery tickets come through with a winner. I am using it with a pair of tannoy precision 6.1 speakers and the music just feels like it couldn't get much better. I haven't heard the older Rega Brio R but more than one review found improved sound. Personally I suspect there isn't much in it sounds wise, the headphone input might make all the difference to some people. I haven't heard it with the Rega apollo yet, I need to get saving.

I'm Dave.

The new Rega Brio is wonderful. It builds on the performance of the Brio-r - not a massive improvement but is better. If you have the two side by side, you would definitely go for the newer model.

I often use the Brio with Apollo and think that I could happily live with it for ever, so good is it. I've heard worse at 10 x the price.

I'm Steve.

I have the Brio 2017 and think its fantastic, I run it through Dynaudio Emit M20 speakers and cant fault it.
    It has a really good phono stage but i prefer to use a Schiit Mani as it sounds more detailed with my turntable cart combination.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy mine!!!

Steve
    Last edited by STD305M; 06-09-2017 at 14:27. Reason: spelling Oops!!

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    I have the Brio 2017 and think its fantastic, I run it through Dynaudio Emit M20 speakers and cant fault it.
    It has a really good phono stage but i prefer to use a Schiit Mani as it sounds more detailed with my turntable cart combination.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy mine!!!

Steve

Those Dynaudio speakers look interesting. Are they easy enough to drive for the Rega?

S.

I'm Steve.

I've never had to turn the volume up beyond the 10 Oclock position, loud enough to annoy the neighbours. ..
    There's nothing on the market anywhere near the price that come close to the quality of sound or finish
    The Brio 2017 drives them easily.

Steve

If your ever over my way I'd be very happy to demonstrate

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by STD305M View Post
    I've never had to turn the volume up beyond the 10 Oclock position, loud enough to annoy the neighbours. ..
    There's nothing on the market anywhere near the price that come close to the quality of sound or finish
    The Brio 2017 drives them easily.

Steve

If your ever over my way I'd be very happy to demonstrate

Thanks for the invitation, Steve. But due to issues with my feet I don't travel, or drive.

S.

I'm Steve.

Sorry to hear
    All I can say is I listen to most kinds of music and can recommend the Brio 2017 . Unless you want insane music levels. ...
    The Brio and Dynaudio fill my living room which is 24 foot by 13 foot..
    Steve...
    Last edited by STD305M; 06-09-2017 at 21:55. Reason: Fingers not working

I'm Martin.

And it looks much better which may sound crazy to talk about but I really didnt like the fascia styling on the first R.

Its on the shortlist as a good VFM amp. I want to compare it with Creeks offering and a couple of aother amps in that price area.

I was thinking of a passive pre and power which is where my sensibilities are going at the moment.

Its does look a good buy though

+ Reply to Thread