+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muse Electronics Reference 300 Monoblocks

I'm Mirek.

Default Muse Electronics Reference 300 Monoblocks

"If ur looking for power, finesse, natural dynamics and an absolutely stunning mid range these are going to suit!

These 300w into 8 ohm and 550w into 4 ohm beauties are an absolute steal at what I'm asking for them.

They are full normal width and only about 350mm deep

Cardas sockets and internal wire, Furutech IEC, with high grade components throughout.

Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA inputs

£350 - new caps alone... stunned by their performance, so detailed right throughout the soundstage with fantastic frequency extremes that remain just so musical.

These were £5500 new if I remember rightly, the Gamut a lot more.

Excellent condition throughout and fully serviced now

Asking £1550"
    ...I got original boxes.

Apart of prieviously details from original seller I want inform that some improvement has done:
    - fuses which was shorted, right now in properly working order,
    - fake transistor replaced with original one,
    - all regulation done and that bring amplifier to another class!

Thank you

Collection PE38 9JL

original sale: https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/1...00-monoblocks/
    Last edited by szczemirek; 05-09-2017 at 13:28.

I'm Mirek.

I'm Dan.

These are some serious amps! Sold to Mirek by me a year or so ago, all modifications were done here by a very competent mate of mine and they really excelled compared to their standard form.
    If I didn't have other commitments with new purchases I'd have them back and swap them in and out of the system often.
    There is NOTHING around at this price that will touch them in my honest opinion, they have real energy and a stunning midrange, the top end is hugely open and beautifully controlled with fleshed out tones.
    These have no circuit changes, just component upgrades, GLWTS

I'm Lawrence.

There was a Chinese company called Muse making little T amps, I presume this is a different company not heard of them til now. Stereophile reviewed an earlier amp by these guys about 25 years ago, long before the Chifi explosion.

I'm Mirek.

Hi Lawrence,
    You right! This is different then Chinese one company - http://www.radiomuseum.org/dsp_herst...mpany_id=16268
    This is smaller brother of Muse 300 Reference http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...ted-amplifier/
    Cheers

Hi Dan! They are amazing amp! I'm so glad to have them. Only reason for sale is... audioholics behavior Once again - thanks for smooth, excellent transaction!
    All the best!
    Last edited by szczemirek; 05-09-2017 at 14:15.

I'm Spencer.

V. Interested in these, as my plan at the moment is to patiently wait for a gamut d200, or go for a gamut d100 based upon the advice that these would suit some newly acquired power hungry Dynaudio Contour 1.3se. Would need some advice as to the suitability and what pre to use?

What kind of change in presentation/upgrade should I expect compared to my outgoing quad 909?!

I'm Chris.

I owned these in standard form after a dealer service and very good they were They look very different now.. Remember the xlr shorting plugs are a must if using rca leads. Don't underestimate what the 909 is capable of, but I enjoyed my time with these immensely. If I remember I went directly from a. Dac via xlr leads to great effect. Why add a pre if it isn't required, obviously depends on sources.

Glwts

I'm Mirek.

Spencer,
    In my opinion, you should ask Dan about the comparison of the equipment. He originally sold it to me and he has lots of professional knowledge and experience.

Chris,
    Your opinion and information is most welcome. I accept it with open arms and really appreciate it.
    Cheers
    Last edited by szczemirek; 05-09-2017 at 16:22.

I'm Spencer.

Thank you Mirek, sure he's a busy guy but will drop him a note.

I'm Mirek.

bump

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast