+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD: half-decent phono cartridge, circa £150-200

I'm Steve.

Default WTD: half-decent phono cartridge, circa £150-200

Hi all,

Just had a recent cantilever disaster with my dear Audio Technica ATOC10, so am in the market for a new cartridge whilst I save some pennies for a repair. I'm happy to pay up to £200 max for a nice MM or MC cartridge that might suit my valve phono. I like a huge variety of music types so something balanced would be nice.

Cheers for your help!

Oh, quick edit as my signature is a bit old now: TT is now a Lenco PTP with Jelco sa250 in to Icon Audio PS1 and Copland CSA29
    Steve

I'm Andrew.

I've got a Grado Reference Platinum Moving Iron cartridge. These work extremely well with valve MM stages; I've used it with a Croft and you get great texture and naturalism. It has only had modest use and I'd sell it for £140. I'm in London so it would be easy to pick up.

I'm Steve.

Thanks for the reply! Looks like a mighty fine cartridge, that. What series is it? I think there's a couple of iterations? I'm down Norwood way now btw, so even closer to SE London!
    Steve

I'm Dave.

Off topic Steve, but have you ever popped into the Norwood Book and Record bar ?
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Steve.

I have! Nice place. Are you a frequenter?
    Steve

I'm Dave.

No, not yet, i have passed the place loads of times as regularly go to Norwood ( just down the road from me). Looks like they have a' stick it on' , bring your own vinyl first Friday of the month , so hope to pop down then.
    Last edited by jollyfix; 04-09-2017 at 19:59.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Josie.

What a great idea for an old pub... Great stuff

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread