+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Toshiba SR-370 turntable +spares

Bigman80 Guest

Default Toshiba SR-370 turntable +spares

Hi all,

I have recently decided to join the Technics SP10 club and have sourced and agreed to a purchase of said unit.

This means that my beloved Toshy is now up for sale.

The pics are of the actual turntable but used in other threads. I'll add some better pictures when I get home.

Included is:

Spare platter, spare speed and power control board and knobs/buttons, spare strobe, Lid in good shape No cracks, Hinges (hinge assembly will not be assembled and must be done by the new owner) upgraded CMC RCA sockets are included too. SME to Linn (211mm pivot to spindle) adapter plate. < These are not commercially available and was made for me by Geoff (Walpurgis).

The TT is in complete condition and runs with perfect pitch in the 33/45rpm speeds.

The turntable is in exceptional cosmetic condition and has no visible mark that I can see. I can't imagine there is a better example out there. There is a fitting at the rear of the platter on the TT for a "dust bug" which is also included. Even the printed lettering is perfect.

NO TONEARM IS INCLUDED

So the price,

£150 Collected
    £165 Posted or postage charges can be absorbed by new owner if they wish to arrange a cheaper form of delivery.

Advisory, the Turntable will not be sent before October 1st 2017 due to a Tonearm comparison I am going to be conducting.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigman80; 03-09-2017 at 17:47.

I'm jamie.

bargain !
    come on ian why not make it a 3rd toshiba?? lol
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    bargain !
    come on ian why not make it a 3rd toshiba?? lol
    Hahaha, go on Ian lol

Seriously good TT and doesn't get the respect it deserves. I am not 100% sure I'm getting "better" with the SP10 but it's the dream TT for me.

This is a stone cold bargain and it won't be reduced, I'd rather keep it for that little money.

Bigman80 Guest

And........SOLD

Pending payment.

I'm Ian.

Your buyer can rest assured that these TTs are really good and don't disappoint. Olly, you are a bit of a potato selling it lol....
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Your buyer can rest assured that these TTs are really good and don't disappoint. Olly, you are a bit of a potato selling it lol....
    Haha, yes I could be. Time will tell.

I'm James.

Which model SP10 have you bought Oli?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

It's a MK2 Jimbo. It doesn't have the original power supply BUT the guy who I am buying it off restored and repairs SP10s and SP15s.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    It's a MK2 Jimbo. It doesn't have the original power supply BUT the guy who I am buying it off restored and repairs SP10s and SP15s.

One of the best DD TT out there so should be rather good. Will be Interesting to see the new SP10R next year when its launched but I expect it will be rather expensive!

Did you know there were two Mk2 SP10 TT? There was a Mk2A which had even lower wow and flutter and was even quieter than the Mk2.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    One of the best DD TT out there so should be rather good. Will be Interesting to see the new SP10R next year when its launched but I expect it will be rather expensive!

Did you know there were two Mk2 SP10 TT? There was a Mk2A which had even lower wow and flutter and was even quieter than the Mk2.
    I didn't know that.

+ Reply to Thread