+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD - Amp, Speakers & Turntable budget up to £300

I'm Rich.

Default WTD - Amp, Speakers & Turntable budget up to £300

Hi All, asking on behalf of a pal looking for a quality starter system.

What we got? Thinking a decent integrated, nice speakers and understand the turntable may be the priciest of them. All things considered if they're fully working. All the best...

Rich
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Alan.

'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Richie.

Ive got some Royd Minstrels that im about to list if you are interested.

I'm Roger.

I've got a Dual CS503-1 turntable to sell. It's in nice condition and includes original Ortofon cartridge and recently fitted belt. £115 including courier delivery.

I'm Paul.

I have a very nice pair of KEF Corelli's from the 1970's (T27 tweeter and B200 mid/bass) available for £125.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I have a very nice pair of KEF Corelli's from the 1970's (T27 tweeter and B200 mid/bass) available for £125.
    Very nice and a good price. I recently renovated a pair, they sound excellent.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dan.

These would be a good buy IMO over on PFM:

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...d.php?t=206767

I'd also tell your pal to maybe look at a t-amp like the SMSL ones off Amazon etc; they do one around £40 and it's more than enough to drive small standmount speakers (they drove the KEF LS50's I had really well TBH and even some old AE120's too and they're big biffa floorstanders)!

The SMSL Q5 Pro I've just bought is a belter of an amp too; got it off eBay after making an offer below their asking price which was accepted; paid for it and it was with me within 3 days!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smsl-Dac-a...UAAOSwZVlXuwpg
    Bigger than you...

My Office : 2021 M1 MacBook Air > Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB interface > JBL 308P MkII active studio monitors on Atacama SL600 stands via Van Damme TRS to XLR balanced cables
    The spare room : Music via iTunes & internet > ATV3 > optical into a Fiio D3 DAC > SMSL SA50 integrated > AE109 speakers - QED cables

I'm James.

Wharfedale diamond 10.1 in Walnut £115 delivered, 6 months old if interested?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Macklow.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I had a pair of these in the late eighties - need a bit of breathing space, but sound very good indeed with a few watts up 'em

I'm Rich.

Thanks...

I've made him aware of all of these offers.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

+ Reply to Thread