+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Germany

I'm Karsten.

Default Hello from Germany

Hello, my name is Karsten and i am 38 years old.
    I hope my english is good enough for a clear understanding.
    In my living room i have a complete set of JBL northridge speakers on my Yamaha RX-V771 AV receiver. I do not want to buy much higher speakers, due to two small kids, wich upset one of them 2 times or play on it with their toys (but i love them!!!) . So it really ok for watching films.
    But when the kids are sleeping i canīt hear loudly music. So i decided to equippe my pc-room (in another part of my house) with good (for me), but payable Audio equippment.
    I tried some intern sound cards but none of them was good for me. I used a long time my onboard optical out with DTS connect to my Philips SBC HD1502U and then optical to an Onky AVR TX-SR603E. At the end there are 5 older Arcus Speakers. They are sounding very well. A small subwoofer is for PC-playing or if i have a desire of more bass some times. My first Headphones were the Superlux HD681 32ohms. But after a short time i use a BD DT990 250ohm.

Now i changed my gear to an external Headphoneamp with DAC. Audisnt HUD-DX1 and then analog to the Onkyo AVR. Next step will be to upgrade the opamps in it.
    Amongst other things i am here for that. I donīt find german Forums with this amp and no upgrade amps like the bursons.

I like warm sounds with a strong Bass, but also much details.
    I hear very much kind of music. From Rock to Pop and Electronic music with melody (no schranz). I love electric guitars an bass drums (like Metallica) and deep vocals.

I hope i could give a small look insight my musical preferences and life.

regards, Karsten

I'm Geoff.

Hi Karsten. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you will find plenty to interest you here. There are areas for every aspect of Hi-Fi.

The members are friendly and helpful, so if you have questions, just find the right section and ask.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Karsten.

Thanks for welcome.
    I see, you have a plenty of experts here.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by gaskopp View Post
    I see, you have a plenty of experts here.
    We do. There are participating extremely knowledgeable trade members, who are very willing to advise and help and we have non-trade members with great depth of knowledge and experience as well.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Chris.

Hi Karsten
    Welcome to the forum. You may want to investigate audio differences between MP3 and Ogg or Flac
    Ogg and Flac seem to have a better sound, in my opinion.

Concerning op amps the opa627 although expensive is mighty good, as is the much less expensive AD825
    or the very low distortion LME49710, or the dual LM4562

So ask a few questions in the relevant areas ,and I am sure you will get all the help you need.

Cheers / Chris

+ Reply to Thread