The arrogance of the Lycra brigade is breathtaking. Ordinary cyclists - mountain bikers or just people out for a ride - tend to be courteous road users. It's the road racers I can't stomach, the minute the Lycra goes on and they get the pedal clips attached they turn into compete tossers, in their heads is some nonsense about being in the TDF and they act like they are in a time trial, riding in packs that are impossible to safely pass even on a fast road, and refusing to slow down or stop where common sense and the Highway Code would demand it.

Riding on the pavements is only a tiny bit of it. It's not just in the city either I was walking with the family in Oxfordshire a while back, in a very quiet lane that's not much more than a car wide, heading towards some woodland after visiting an ancient church. Cars take it very slowly and carefully there and you can generally hear them, some yellow clad idiot emerged from nowhere yelling and screaming to get the f**** out of his way, making no attempt to brake and missing me by inches. A firing squad is too good for these prats I'm for slow poison myself.