I am Peter - I have been an analogue junkie since 1973. I have a highly modified Technics 1210 (from the very nice people at Inspire Hifi). It sits in a solid wood plinth with a Tri Planar V11 Tonearm with Grasshopper GLA3 Cartridge. This feeds a Bel Canto phono stage which is connected to a Bel Canto Pre-Amp driving a pair of Bel Canto 500 amps. The amps drive a pair of Martin Logan Vantage speakers. Have to say the sound is rather good!!! I also run a Technics SL150 in black with an SME M2-9 Tonearm with an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Cartridge. However, I am selling the Tonearm as I want to fit a Silver Melody 750 Tonearm. I did find the SME a little bright in my system but it is a terrific arm. I am using a Trichord Diablo with the SL 150 turntable which has a superb sound and lots of user adjustments as I do like swapping cartridges on this turntable fairly often.

I also have a little business/hobby restoring turntables. To date I have restored two Thorens TD124's with SME 3009 and 3012 respectively, including sourcing lovely solid wood plinths, a few Garrard 301's and 401's, Goldring Lenco GL75's, Dual's of various types, Rega's and quite a number of other belt drives. I prefer restoring the older vintage turntables.

Enough of me!!

I am sure I will enjoy using this Forum.