+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello Everyone

I'm Peter.

Default Hello Everyone

I am Peter - I have been an analogue junkie since 1973. I have a highly modified Technics 1210 (from the very nice people at Inspire Hifi). It sits in a solid wood plinth with a Tri Planar V11 Tonearm with Grasshopper GLA3 Cartridge. This feeds a Bel Canto phono stage which is connected to a Bel Canto Pre-Amp driving a pair of Bel Canto 500 amps. The amps drive a pair of Martin Logan Vantage speakers. Have to say the sound is rather good!!! I also run a Technics SL150 in black with an SME M2-9 Tonearm with an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze Cartridge. However, I am selling the Tonearm as I want to fit a Silver Melody 750 Tonearm. I did find the SME a little bright in my system but it is a terrific arm. I am using a Trichord Diablo with the SL 150 turntable which has a superb sound and lots of user adjustments as I do like swapping cartridges on this turntable fairly often.

I also have a little business/hobby restoring turntables. To date I have restored two Thorens TD124's with SME 3009 and 3012 respectively, including sourcing lovely solid wood plinths, a few Garrard 301's and 401's, Goldring Lenco GL75's, Dual's of various types, Rega's and quite a number of other belt drives. I prefer restoring the older vintage turntables.

Enough of me!!

I am sure I will enjoy using this Forum.

I'm Grant.

Hi Peter, welcome to forum. Lots of techy users here....

PS. If your intending carrying out any buisness you will need a traders licence.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Hello Grant

Thanks for the welcome. I would describe the turntable restoration as a somewhat consuming hobby rather than a business!

I'm Grant.

no probs. just have to inform folk.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Hi Peter. Welcome to AOS.

That's an interesting selection of equipment you have there. You like your record decks don't you?

There's loads going on here and we have plenty of turntable buffs, so you'll be in good company.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Peter.

Hi Geoff

Yes indeed I do love my turntables - I'm afraid the digital age has passed me by!

Very pleased I have found this Forum.

Regards
    Peter

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by analoguejunkie1 View Post
    Very pleased I have found this Forum.

Regards
    Peter
    Yes. You've found a great forum.

The members are a very knowledgeable and friendly bunch, as I'm sure you find as you get more involved.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread