+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any smokers here?

I'm Anthony.

Gave up fagging last year
    not for health , ten pound a pack or ten pound a cd ? , hell you can pick up brand new releases on cd for a fiver , cannot even buy ten fags for that.
    Amazed at how much money I have left at the end of the month and I still have a £2 a day vape habit
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm joe.

Never smoked, or felt the need to. Maybe because both my parents smoked; there were always cigarettes around, so it wasn't a 'taboo' thing to do as a youngster.

I'm Mike.

Tried it when I was 10.
    Found it so horrid I never tried it again
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Geoff.

Just read through this thread. I'm now going outside for a fag while I ponder what has been said!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Just read through this thread. I'm now going outside for a fag while I ponder what has been said!
    Keep puffing away; it'll help fund all those transport improvements!

I'm Martin.

I'm doing my bit. As Alf Garnet said, 'It's patriotic to smoke.'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

An ex had me smoking for a couple of years and Ive got to admit I did then see the pleasure in a cup of tea and a benson. It wasnt heavy smoking as I just used to get some of hers even if I was paying for the packet. It was a stressful casual relationship and I used to say I would never go out with a smoker.

I was never addicted but had a period of social smoking when the drink was flowing and the cigarettes were handed around. I do a sort of half inhale and it swims your head when you dont have them too often.

Then one day I realised Im not enjoying this anymore and just stopped. I used to cadge one from a lady friend then somebody handed me a rollup outside a pub and I thought this is disgusting.

Im pretty anti smoking once again and I dont know how many people can afford them now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12