+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: If you won the lottery

I'm Martin.

With £8 million to blow forget brand names, I'd have it all custom built to my exact specs. House would also be custom built and speakers would be concrete and built into the perfectly-proportioned room.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I would sell the f.....G lot and put on a Peg festival.
    Would the audience be mainly gypsies?

I'm Anthony.

Never been to Munich Tom.
    I reckon I could get through a hundred G on cable alone.
    Our education is wrong, it takes no note of the subtleties of human nature, it places more importance on the memory of an individual than how memorable an individual is. Bernard Sumner 1995

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Honestly I don't know if you've been to Munich but as I said, it was an eye opener for me just how easy it would be to spend £100k and end up with a setup many here would consider 'meh'.
    That's very true. Not been to Munich, but I've heard plenty of upper 'high end' gear with monstrous prices that did nothing for me. I think it's the difference between having some fair idea of what sounds good to you and and aiming for that. Or just splashing out big time and buying something expensive 'cos one is loaded (but clueless )!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony K View Post
    I think there is a slight dishonesty here , I reckon if any f**ker here won the big one , and lets say its real big , like eye wateringly so , a small dollop would go on a dream setup.

If you won say £8 mill, you could set up all loved ones , by a new gaff and still find £100 grand for hifi

I would be on the phone to Nagra Audio before the cheque f**king cleared
    I really, genuinely wouldn't. There are some hifi things I'd like to try out, but most can be had for (relative) buttons. I don't even need a bigger house, and I like where I'm living. But as I said, I don't even do the lottery, so it's all academic to me.

I'm Geoff.

With huge money. I'd move out of London, maybe even out of this country and worry about smaller details like Hi-Fi later.

And. If I was single. I'd already be living here:

Last edited by walpurgis; 03-09-2017 at 13:38.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Me and a friend once got 5 numbers,£2400,so near yet so far .still it was very nice,me and my good lady had a great week in the lakes with our half
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Martin.

I've been in a syndicate of 20 people at work for over 10 years and 2 more years at my previous place. Most we have ever won in one go was £75. I don't hold out much hope but you have to be in these things as insurance. If it did hit the big one then everyone else leaves to begin a life of luxury, you're gutted because you declined to be in it, and you end up having to train a whole new bunch of people on your own.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm joe.

I bought two lottery tickets when it first started. Neither won me anything, so I thought I'd quit while I was ahead. My father did the pools for thirty-odd years; never won a bean. Saturday evening was always the same - he'd check out the footie scores, saying firstly 'I see Hearts lost', then 'paupers again', throwing the coupon on to the fire.

I'm Martin.

I was at one place and ended up getting promoted to a much better job because the previous incumbent left due to a lottery win. So you don't actually have to play to benefit

Seriously though you can't afford not to be in these syndicates. With my luck if I dropped out it would be guaranteed to hit big time the next week. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. Lots of ways to gamble money that are far more exciting.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast