+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh dear...new tyres required aint gonna be cheap.

I'm Mike.

There's a date code on tyres, but the pre fitted perishing ( tongue in cheek ) on new tyres is a clue to shelf age. Lucky you don't live in Germany, they are/were legally bound to replace all 4 at the same time which is why you see so many part worn continentals for sale ( pardon the pun ).

I'm Phil.

having spent a number of years swapping to winter tyres in november , although it was very effective , i looked at all weather tyres .

settled on the michelin cross climate which has excellent reviews . i found i got a massive discount just by booking in advance with kwikfit . saved a fortune and although not had a chance yet with snow they are good in the wet
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Geoff.

The rubber in tyres doesn't last these days for some reason (deliberate?). My back tyres are showing slight cracking on the sides due to perishing. They'll have to go soon and only done 13k miles. They were on the car when I bought it new three and a bit years ago.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Lucky you don't live in Germany, they are/were legally bound to replace all 4 at the same time which is why you see so many part worn continentals for sale ( pardon the pun ).
    Sounds like a bit of stupidity. What happens if one tyre otherwise almost brand new gets written off because of a nail or some other problem? Do you need a permit or dispensation to just get one tyre?

I think the UK is pretty mad/bonkers much of the time, but that would be ludicrous.
    Dave

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    having spent a number of years swapping to winter tyres in november , although it was very effective , i looked at all weather tyres .

settled on the michelin cross climate which has excellent reviews . i found i got a massive discount just by booking in advance with kwikfit . saved a fortune and although not had a chance yet with snow they are good in the wet
    Yes I use them too and find them excellent in the wet.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123