Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Transconductance phono stage

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Sadly Jez has said and done some rather unsavoury thinks , I tended to steer clear of his posts , no big loss for me
    Quite the contrary for me! I would sometimes log-in specifically to read the latest Jez posts. He was never dull, very instructive, and extremely generous with his time considering he was trying to put together a viable business.

Also, I think calling his behaviour "unsavoury" (a rather unpleasant description with quite dark connotations) is wrong and misleading. Yes, he had a gob on him and an alarming inability to understand when he needed to hold back, but I certainly believe he was a good guy who just lived and breathed audio-electronics.

The banter and conflict in this thread was, in truth, no worse than in dozens of other threads in the past, and I personally don't think the language was unacceptable. What put the lid on it this time - in my view - was Jez's cut-and-paste of part of a PM from Marco, which was a piece of very bad judgement. I can understand why Marco was so unhappy about that. A great shame and the forum will be the poorer for his departure. I hope that he and Marco can come to some accommodation.
    IB

I'm Oliver.

I agree with the Cut and paste being a bad decision but look at the position he constantly found himself in, comply or die. Yes he didn't hold back and yes, at times I winced at a couple of comments, especially the ones where he overstepped. I liked him.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Jolida JD9 MKII > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm Spartacus.

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but let's not forget that Jez had been banned from a number of forums due to his poor business practices and it was Marco who offered him a second chance on AoS. So you'd think he'd be grateful or at least play by the rules but unfortunately not. I would be surprised if he finds a forum that will tolerate his behaviour. This is after all someone whom by his own admission got banned from his local Weatherspoons. I did like most of his posts but not his intolerance of things he couldn't measure or hear.
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Simon.

I like Jez- but in the words of Barry the Baptist "He's a f_cking liability".

Here's hoping everyone can make up and he can come back after penance.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    I like Jez- but in the words of Barry the Baptist "He's a f_cking liability".

Here's hoping everyone can make up and he can come back after penance.
    Who he?
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Simon.

Barry the Baptist? He's a character from Lock Stock and two Smoking Barrels. Who describes Jason Statham, who's too good at cards to let him in their cash game thus "He's good, he's too good. He's a f_cking liability".

Rubber Duck, as far as I'm aware Jez was only banned from the Wam and that was before the unbanning of everyone from the WAM, myself included. His Wam ban was because he had "repairs" listed in his signature but didn't have a trade acct. He's not banned from PFM, he just doesn't have a trade account on there.

Anyway, it's digression. he doesn't have right of reply here so let's move on.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Paul.

A bit of a pain this as I'd just sent him a preamp for repair. Luckily I added my private contact details as we now can't use PM to communicate.
    Can anybody PM me his email address please.
    Paul

I'm Geoff.

Don't know email, but his phone number is here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...rvices-offered
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Guys,

I appreciate the comments, but please, no more mention of Jez, a) because admin decisions are not up for discussion, and b) because as Simon has said, he no longer has any right of reply. If anyone wants his number or address, it can be found here: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ar...hrome&ie=UTF-8

And if you want his email address, then you can phone him and ask him for it.

I'm locking this thread now, and if anyone else starts discussion again about his banning, on another one of Jez's old ads, or anywhere else on the forum, they'll be next out the door.

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314