+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New (Change of Turntable Advice) appreciated.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Grant, I've been waiting for that comment. Lol����

Rain on my parade why don't you. Is there a better arm than an SME V.?? (Apart from the Dynavector)???

Just love your thought process !!!! I bet you wouldn't give the rock house room..... based on what I've read about your system.

God bless...... and thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes, Graham Phantom, Tri-Plannar to name two.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Yes, Graham Phantom, Tri-Plannar to name two.
    I own both and I own an SME 5. SME 5 get rid of the awful arm cable, that VDH cable is veiled big time. However even doing that the Phantom and Tri plannar are better arms. I have a SME Model 20, it sounds fab with the Phantom on it.
    Regards Neil

I'm Peter.

Well, we live and learn. I'll let you know in due course,,,, when it's all gone tits up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Nigel.

Hi Peter,

The SP10 is an excellent turntable, it is about to be relaunched, http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/t...atures-3275659

atb

Nigel

I'm Clive.

Again I will mention a suggestion I made earlier which was serious and may be achievable.

The design of the Rock 7 which has no external plinth provides access to underneath the arm mounting area. I would expect that the turntable may even topple over due to the weight of the DV arm when installed unless action is taken to prevent it doing so.

However I would suggest that a block could be placed under the arm mount with heavy duty spring(s) which would prevent it toppling and the spring would still provide acoustic isolation. It should be possible to avoid snagging the arm cable. Because the block/spring is taking most of the weight then the normal suspension adjustments should be viable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234