+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: New Toy - Too Embarrassed To Reveal What It Is

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I've put the XS2 back in the system and have left it on for a good while to let it warm up nicely

My first impressions are that I like both amps which puts me in a real dilemma, which one should I keep?

Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Shane.

Play heads or tails.

S.

I'm Grant.

cheapest? or the one likeliest to hold its price best
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    which one should I keep?
    The one most likely to be compatible with possible future equipment changes?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

All very valid points

I would be happy with either amp in my system for a very long time, seriously they are both that good, and I won't be faffing about with external power supplies ever

I'll swap back in a day or two just to remind me what I liked about the SN2
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Rick.

It just goes to show you can't judge an item until it's in your own home and system. The more I've experimented over the years, the more I believe in just trying to see if a synergy exist to my liking. Amps in particular can give dramatically different characteristics when connected to different speakers. I had some D class monoblocks that sounded harsh and thin with my Peak Consult speakers, yet mellifluous with the Snell A's.

As for your decision Bev, would you miss the xtra definition of the SN2 if you sold it?

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_F View Post
    ... to see if a synergy exists to my liking.
    Now 'that' has to be the one of the most applicable statements to the whole of this hi-fi malarky.

Good one Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Now 'that' has to be the one of the most applicable statements to the whole of this hi-fi malarky.
    That's the problem both amps seem to be fitting in very well with the rest of the system

The SN2 is now back in so will give it some time to warm up a bit, we will see
    Bev

I'm Geoff.

A few years ago, I reached a point where I said to myself 'this is it' and I've not really changed anything in the main line up since, 'cos it sounds just great. And I mean seriously great. Coming back home from hearing majorly expensive and fancy setups and putting my sounds on and thinking, 'this is better'. That's what to aim for Bev.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    A few years ago, I reached a point where I said to myself 'this is it' and I've not really changed anything in the main line up since, 'cos it sounds just great. And I mean seriously great. Coming back home from hearing majorly expensive and fancy setups and putting my sounds on and thinking, 'this is better'. That's what to aim for Bev.
    That makes complete sense to me Geoff. I quite believe whatever Naim amp I end up with will be in the system for a very long time as I've never felt this strongly about a couple of amps before, they really are that good, to me anyway

I know what you mean about coming home from an audition of "expensive and fancy" systems and still loving your home system. One of the most expensive systems I ever listened to was some Mark Levinson monoblocks with an equally expensive ML pre and I was completely underwhelmed by the sound, I can't remember the total cost but it was extortionate and it did absolutely nothing for me and my rather humble system at home was much 'better'
    Bev

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast