+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Story

I'm Grant.

Ice age..(first3) best of the best
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Haven't seen any of them, lol...

I find most of that stuff rather banal. I'm more into action adventures, thrillers, gangster films, sci-fi, black comedies, etc. Like you though, I also love classic war films and westerns

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    I cried during the third one when it looked like they were all going down that big crusher thing

Mind you, I blubbed like a baby when Ariel got married in The Little Mermaid too.
    And when little Elizabeth got locked in a trunk in an abandoned shack in The Waltons.

Doesn't take much for me when I'm involved in a movie or TV show - just a sudden burst of strings can set me off
    I thought I was the only one who cried at the end of TS3! I have to say I think all of them are very well done indeed.
    SL1210
    Jelco SA-750 & AT150 MLX,
    Firebottle phono stage,
    Jungson JA-88 amp,
    JBL L40 Speakers.
    M2tech Young dac .

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    You must have been devastated when Bambi's mother was shot.
    Not as much as he was when Sue Ellen did it to JR...

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Haven't seen any of them, lol...

I find most of that stuff rather banal. I'm more into action adventures, thrillers, sci-fi, black comedies, etc. Like you though, I also love classic war films and westerns

Marco.
    dunno what your missing great fun
    Regards,
    Grant ....

DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED.

Lol... "Fun" is a rather subjective thing! Having said that, I wouldn't comment conclusively on the matter, until I'd actually watched one of them.

Marco.

I'm Geoff.

This would likely be more your kind of movie Marco. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102820/ It's very good!
    Mr. Tact!

"when common sense, logic and plausibility are ruled out. All that remain are lies and foolishness"

Gear: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/one scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/two hefty Japanese DD TT's/hefty Japanese BD TT/smaller Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. One CD transport/3 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. One MD deck. One tuner. Two TVC pre-amps/two valve pre-amps/solid state pre-amp/passive pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

Lol - possibly, but we're discussing children's films. Like I said, I can watch a lot of the old stuff for hours, but some of the modern variety I just find a bit *too* silly/childish... Therefore, what some folk are laughing out loud at, and consider as "great fun", often leaves me cold.

It's rather like it is with Dr Who (old vs. new), which I've discussed here many times. The old Dr Whos were children's programmes, also made for adults, which still makes them enjoyable for me today, whereas the new series is very much geared towards kids.

And that's generally what I find with today's children's films, in comparison with the old stuff I've mentioned

Marco.

I'm Geoff.

The only 'kids' movie I've seen in the last few years that I thought was good, was The Maze Runner. It has some parallels to Lord of The Flies (which wasn't exactly a kids movie).
    Mr. Tact!

"when common sense, logic and plausibility are ruled out. All that remain are lies and foolishness"

Gear: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/one scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/two hefty Japanese DD TT's/hefty Japanese BD TT/smaller Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. One CD transport/3 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. One MD deck. One tuner. Two TVC pre-amps/two valve pre-amps/solid state pre-amp/passive pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Grant.

like things like the simpsons ice age is made more for adults, but kids enjoy it too. the adult stuff kinda goes over their head. My son-in-law also thinks they are great and he is a sopranos man
    Regards,
    Grant ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast