+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Speakers!

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    ProAc Studio 148's.
    I've had them 3 to 4 months now, replacing a pair of Rega ELA 2.5's. I liked the ELA's, must have, had them for over 20 years! But am loving these ProAc's.

Jim.Attachment 21285
    ha , funnily enough I had to replace my verity Rienzi because I had to pay for a fence [see gardening thread !!!] and got some proac studio 125 instead . well impressed with them . they don`t do piano as well as verity though but for the money they are extremely enjoyable . I hope to hear some more 140 mark 2 and the new dt8 and yours as well sometime
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Out of all the speakers you've had Jerry,which "conventional design"were' in your opinion, from experience in your own system the best, or should I say, which ones would you rather you had kept hold of ???
    Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Timothy, I may be able to come up with a good guess at other amps I may have had at the time when I get home this evening and check out some photos on my pc.

And yes, it was great fun trying all those speakers!
    Last edited by anthonyTD; 04-09-2017 at 10:46.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm gone.

@Anthony - I think the best (i.e. those I liked best) conventional cone&dome-in-a-box speakers were the Leema Xavier.

If I had to settle down with a conventional speaker it would be those.

I'm Taz.

My main speakers in use, KEF K160s. These are not the best speakers I have but fit the space and were the first speakers I bought over a year ago when I got back into hifi.
    I'm a big KEF fan and have some more I'll put up once I get a chance to take pics.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    @Anthony - I think the best (i.e. those I liked best) conventional cone&dome-in-a-box speakers were the Leema Xavier.

If I had to settle down with a conventional speaker it would be those.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Ben.

Currently a pair of home made 3-ways, based around a pair of old Goodman's 18P woofers.
    NVA TFS media PC > One4 (Wonfor) Class A power amp > Homemade 3-way speakers
    DC blocker > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply.
    TQ (Wonfor) UB cables.

I'm Taz.

Quote Originally Posted by docfoster View Post
    Currently a pair of home made 3-ways, based around a pair of old Goodman's 18P woofers.
    They look like they could kick some items off your fireplace... Great look to them

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by TazSob View Post
    They look like they could kick some items off your fireplace... Great look to them
    Thanks. Yes, some thought (and diplomatic effort) went into the finish. Sides and tops are sprayed. The fronts I covered in felt - mainly because I think it helps the sound when the front panel is so expansive, but also, the felt happens to give quite a nice visual effect too.

And be assured, the angle of the photo means that it's not quite possible to see the nails that are pinning down the items to the mantle. ;-)
    NVA TFS media PC > One4 (Wonfor) Class A power amp > Homemade 3-way speakers
    DC blocker > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply.
    TQ (Wonfor) UB cables.

I'm Taz.

Some KEF C25s on the left and black ash KEF Coda iiis on the right. I also have another set of the earlier brown walnut veneer Coda iiis too.
    Second pic is a C200sw KEF subwoofer that pairs with the C25s, one sub for each C25.

I'm Taz.

What I'm using in the bedroom system, Celestion 120s and underneath them being used as stands are some Indigo Model ones given to me Peter (Petrat), top man .

Second pic I think Martin might find interesting, they are a set of boxed Akais, the smaller brother to his set. I can't get them out the boxes because of my arthritis and they've just sat in the spare room since I bought them, really can't wait to try them out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast