+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Speakers!

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by bosa View Post

My Tune Audio Primes in the (tiny) music room.
    i thought my garden room was small Jonathon, do you have any room treatment. My room is 6' x 9' with a vaulted ceiling, has 4' x 2' x 2" absorption panels at first reflection points on walls and ceiling and behind the sofa.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Jonathan.

I don't, although have thought about it and could put some panels just in front of the speakers on the walls I guess to reduce that first reflection. If you look at the picture I have a door on the left and a fireplace on the right just out of shot. Room is 14' X 7'. The Primes' bass can be tuned by raising the speakers from the bottom firing horn, which is much better then the rear ported speakers I had before. I do have to accept some irregularities in the bass response although the tuning helps a lot. Soundstage is quite narrow as you would expect although better than the room would suggest. I have brought the listening chair about 2-3 feet forward from the rear wall to reduce the exaggeration. I am impressed though with the sound they produce and the fact they sound so good in challenging conditions.

I'm Rich.

Nice

I'm Justin.

I don't, although have thought about it and could put some panels just in front of the speakers on the walls I guess to reduce that first reflection. If you look at the picture I have a door on the left and a fireplace on the right just out of shot. Room is 14' X 7'. The Primes' bass can be tuned by raising the speakers from the bottom firing horn, which is much better then the rear ported speakers I had before. I do have to accept some irregularities in the bass response although the tuning helps a lot. Soundstage is quite narrow as you would expect although better than the room would suggest. I have brought the listening chair about 2-3 feet forward from the rear wall to reduce the exaggeration. I am impressed though with the sound they produce and the fact they sound so good in challenging conditions.
    Did you get the Tunes and Grandi from Jack at BD?

I'm Jonathan.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Did you get the Tunes and Grandi from Jack at BD?
    I did, yes. Have had them for over a year now. Great chap to deal with.

I'm paul.

My zu's work the same, raise or lower to tune the bass, sounded dreadful when I first used them. In my room there are French doors on the left of the left speaker so I have kilo serge wool curtains used in vocal booths as absorption. 4 x 2 panel on the right and on the ceiling, remember sound reflects off the floor and ceiling, the floor has carpet tiles and a rug. The panels behind the sofa are probably the most effective. They are available in all colours so can blend in with the decor if bothered.
    I would put the rear edge of the panels level with the front of the speakers
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Jonathan.

Default Show Us Your Speakers!

I might try this and see, although I am really happy with the sound you never know whether it can be bettered until you try!

Floor is concrete, rubber underlay, carpet and rug. Ceiling is low at 7ft and has small beams running the length so tricky to put flat absorption in place although I guess the beams may be better than a flat surface?

I'm Dennis.

Re beams, I had considered removing the ceiling plasterboard and putting semi-circular droops of a white sheeting between them, containing BAF. I bet it would be really absorbent and look good as well. dangling like inverted sea waves.

I'm Geoff.

Would probably void your home insurance. And may even be illegal. BAF is inflammable.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steven.

A53D021C-398F-4B4D-B761-38C25019990D.jpg

Conscious decoupling using studio foam blocks that cost about £20 off Amazon. And there is some skirting missing, and I don’t care.
    Wilson, Devialet, Innuos, Puritan, Claro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast