+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Speakers!

I'm Jez.

I can't remember which thread I mentioned this in a week or two ago... but I'm always surprised at the lack of interest in the old white front Mission 770's... The 770 Freedom is very good as well, though very different to the white front ones in presentation.

The 770 was regarded as a giant killer in its day, and that was at a not inconsiderable in 1980 price of £379. I used a pair as my main speakers for about ten years.. a long time ago.. I should fit some tweeters and try them again some day They were great with an MF A370 power amp.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I must say there is some serious kit in this group! It is so nice to know that there are others who suffer the same affliction as myself! It sets my imagination racing to think of how great, and how different each of these systems sound! My new bucket list, to come visit each and every one of you!
    Couldn't agree more. We need a huge lazy susan to rotate between us each of the great and different experiences on offer here! :-)
    Alternatively, you might have seen the Rockin'1000 Smells Like Teen Spirit extravaganza... Maybe we could hire some football stadium, hook up all of our 1000 amps and pairs of speakers to a single source and see how that sounds... :-D

NVA TFS media PC > One4 (Wonfor) Class A power amp > Homemade 3-way speakers
    DC blocker > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply.
    TQ (Wonfor) UB cables.

I'm Taz.

^ they're great... Must have been fun

I'm Martin.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by docfoster View Post
    Couldn't agree more. We need a huge lazy susan to rotate between us each of the great and different experiences on offer here! :-)
    Alternatively, you might have seen the Rockin'1000 Smells Like Teen Spirit extravaganza... Maybe we could hire some football stadium, hook up all of our 1000 amps and pairs of speakers to a single source and see how that sounds... :-D

GyroDec 2M Black, Amplification: Luxman 505ux.
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth HL-K6

Quad 99 CD, Amplifier: Teac A H 500i, Loudspeakers: SCM11

Receiver: Teac CR H500, Loudspeakers: B&W CDM 1NT

I'm joe.

This seems an appropriate place to quote the great Hunter S Thompson's experience:

'One of the bass speaker boxes is starting to emit smoke ... or maybe that acrid-smelling blue haze is coming from one of the Universal 3-Way Dividing Network boxes.

But to hell with the smoke; the first time this happened, I panicked and took down the whole system - but when I took the back off the speaker box I realised it was only the insulation burning, which is not a serious matter when you have 80 speakers in one room. According to the human cinder who built this system then left town without leaving a schematic to show me how to put it back together in case a drug addict fell into the wiring, I can afford to sacrifice at least ten speakers to fire and smoke without any serious fall-off in sound quality. The break-point, he says,would be somewhere between 15-20. At that point - with 15 or 20 speakers burned into cinders disappearing one after another in balls of blue smoke - I would start getting some fuzz on the low end, and also a loss in clarity.'

Memo from the Sports Desk, August 1976

I'm Peter.

Not mine, but seen and heard these today from a guy I was buying some other bits.

Oh my... looks are unusual / funky but the sound is to die for... not heard better!!!

Think they are Zingali Waveguides....? Loads of money me thinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Not mine, but seen and heard these today from a guy I was buying some other bits.

Oh my... looks are unusual / funky but the sound is to die for... not heard better!!!

Think they are Zingali Waveguides....? Loads of money me thinks.

Very nice Peter, by chance were you in Taunton ,Somerset when you heard those speakers?
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Peter.

Yes indeed, at Tim's. I did ask permission first. ( for the photos) . I was just blown over by these fabulous speakers.

I'm Dave.

Great, are you now the new owner of his Troels Graveson speakers? Hope you got a chance to pop into Black cat records when in Taunton, great shop for LP's and CD's. Just down from the Tone bridge.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Peter.

No, the Snells, purchased on behalf of a friend.

Been to Black Cat Records many times... a great shop, just love it. Always a drop in on my home from 20 weeks cancer treatment at Plymouth .

My speakers are the Revolver Cygnis..... as much as I could afford

But Tim's Zingali's take the biscuit!

I must say, Tim is a great guy !!!!! And extremely knowledgeable.

Peter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast