Nice speakers....... and I just love that Table

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Nice speakers....... and I just love that Table

Thanks

Turntable: Garrard 401 modded by Classic-HiFi in Hammertone. Heavy oak plinth by Russ Collinson; Tonearm: Jelco SA-750D; Cartridges: VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace;Phono Stage: Tron Seven Reference MC ; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: McIntosh MC225; Speakers: Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    very nice sounding speakers
    I agree!

Turntable: Garrard 401 modded by Classic-HiFi in Hammertone. Heavy oak plinth by Russ Collinson; Tonearm: Jelco SA-750D; Cartridges: VDH Colibri XGP / Decca SC4E rebuilt by ESCO with Paratrace;Phono Stage: Tron Seven Reference MC ; SUT: Bob's Device Cinemag 1131; Pre Amp: Shindo Monbrison; Power Amp: McIntosh MC225; Speakers: Auditorium23 Solovox; CD Player: EastSound CD-E5 / Sony PS1; Cables: Yannis 423.5; Yannis 223.5; VDH The First Ultimate; Totem Sinew; Audio Tekne ARSP-500 / Auditorium 23.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    very nice sounding speakers
    I haven't heard them, but they intrigue me, as I rate A23 gear. Not surprised that they sound good, because the guy behind it all (Keith Aschenbrenner) has a good pair of ears and sense of how music should sound.

Are you using the speakers with the A23 speaker cable, Bernard? I'd love to hear your system sometime, as 'on paper' it ticks a lot of boxes for me

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I haven't heard them, but they intrigue me, as I rate A23 gear. Not surprised that they sound good, because the guy behind it all (Keith Aschenbrenner) has a good pair of ears and sense of how music should sound.

Are you using the speakers with the A23 speaker cable, Bernard? I'd love to hear your system sometime, as 'on paper' it ticks a lot of boxes for me

Marco.
    Keith is a great guy. I sourced the Shindo pre-amp and the A23 speakers cābles from him...

Due to my house move, I have a few things to sort out in the system but once done you are welcome to come over Marco.
    B.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Berni217 View Post
    My lovely Auditorium 23 Solovox

Love the individuality of your set up Bernard - very nice.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-919 Complete overhaul, upgraded, re-capped. Caps upgraded from 4 x 15,000 uf to 4 x 20,000 uf-inside original oval caps. All glue and 'black flags' removed
    Turntable - Modified Technics SL1210 MK5G
    Mike New precision bearing, bearing base plate, ETP Platter
    Micro Seiki MA-202 tonearm, rewired, hybrid ceramic bearings
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge
    Yannis Tome 423.5 Silver-Litz tonearm cable with KLEI Pure Silver Harmony plugs
    Ebony armboard
    Audio Technica MS-8 Magnesium headshell, Ortofon pure silver headshell leads
    Isonoe Isolation Feet
    Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules), DCSXL pure-silver DC lead with Jaegar low impedance connector
    CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Mission 752 Freedom
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable, Airlock plugs - bare wire amp end.
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket, Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs with Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Brian.

Lovely system Robert and unusual speakers . Bet they sound great
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server .
    DAC 3 French DAC
    Amplifier : Rega Brio R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Chord Epic Twin

I'm Bernard.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Love the individuality of your set up Bernard - very nice.
    Thanks Robert.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Keith is a great guy. I sourced the Shindo pre-amp and the A23 speakers cābles from him...

Due to my house move, I have a few things to sort out in the system but once done you are welcome to come over Marco.
    Nice one, Bernard. Yup, I've not met Keith or had any dealings with him [although I have owned both his Denon 103 and SPU SUTs, which were superb], but everything I've read about him I like, and I suspect that if I ever did meet him, we'd have much in common with our approach to audio.

Just let me know when you're sorted and pop down for a listen. You're also welcome to do the same here, if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm paul.

I agree!

I heard them at Scalford in Chelsea Davies room, not the ideal room but I could get a sense of what they were capable of. I do like single driver speakers despite many having limitations.
    Sony STR 6055 Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 Zu omen

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons Najda dsp as dac Akai AM-U02 Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable
    SAE1000LT leema sub

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck and full range drivers in free air

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast