+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey to the temple of boom, slight reprise.

I'm Andrew.

I'm awaiting their arrival Grant. In my previous tube experiences I've always found Mullard to be a cut above though with that something special I can't quite put my finger on.

I'm Grant.

wil heear your verdict when arrived then
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

My mum worked for Mullards down here in Southampton in the 1960s.
    Their factory still stood less than a mile from my place till not so long ago - maybe ten years at the most ?

Not sure if she ever helped make any high-end hifi components though .. would've been handy if she'd had a valve amp though
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Andrew.

Interesting Paul, cheers. You're sure she hasn't got a stash of vintage tubes in the loft? I call dibs!
    My mum worked for Quad assembling 303 power amps. Her and an old friend of hers were very useful when I had a broken 303 many years ago.

I'm Andrew.

So the Mullard arrival has happened.

The Firebottle is now an all Mullard affair. I'm sure there are many technically minded folk who'll say there's no difference between tubes. Stuff them this is my kit.

For me there is a richness and fullness to the sound of vintage Mullard tubes. An extra layer to the audio hologram if you will.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    So the Mullard arrival has happened.

The Firebottle is now an all Mullard affair. I'm sure there are many technically minded folk who'll say there's no difference between tubes. Stuff them this is my kit.

For me there is a richness and fullness to the sound of vintage Mullard tubes. An extra layer to the audio hologram if you will.
    Tubes/Valves do sound remarkably different IMO and that's been my experience. Luckily for you Alan builds phonostages with valves that are under the Radar. I'm stuck looking for ecc83's.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Yes that's a wonderful thing. Keep at it though. I had Mullard ecc83's in an amplifier a while back and they were night and day to the modern variant.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Yes that's a wonderful thing. Keep at it though. I had Mullard ecc83's in an amplifier a while back and they were night and day to the modern variant.
    I'm in no rush tbh. I quite like how clean the Watford valves reissue sound.

I'm Alan.

I've got a few various ECC83's Oliver if you want to try them, they are doing nothing. There might even be a Mullard and an RCA in there
    Next time you are round .........

Bigman80 Guest

Cheers Al!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast