+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey to the temple of boom, slight reprise.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Grant that was a pair of Linn Kan 1 and the spike directly under the speakers worked a treat for my ears.

The dinky little telly is plenty big enough for the wife to watch hollyoaks. I could live without it tbh.

I grew up with the pictured 3090's in my fathers system so they and their relatives seem normally sized to me.
    The 2075 has a simpler circuit which for me makes up for the poor tweeter.

Thanks all.
    A spike through Linn Kans improves them to my ears... Works for the undead apparently too...

Always thought the 2075's would be good one to try rebuilding the crossovers with better caps and replacing the tweeter with something better. They will likely be full of ancient "Elcaps", thin wire and push on connectors....
    My mate used his with a Sugden A48II and they still sounded great! Effortlessly extended bass with decent grip but a bit of a sting in the treble is how I remember them...
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Shane.

Nice system pics, Andrew. Very neat work!

S.

I'm Andrew.

Thank you Shane.

The neatness continues.

The newfangled vinyl thing was too low for my aging spine so back in comes a rack.

A pleasant green Soundstyle found a twenty minute drive away for £25.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Andrew.

Back in diy mode lately. I've now got all matching cable and plugs from source to amp including inside the passive 'pre'.

Van Damme patch cable and REAN plugs all through and a just assembled and now listening passive.

Used another of the excellent EIZZ stepped attenuator in 50k stereo and neutrik sockets along with the Van Damme cable inside a Chinese enclosure that arrived completely ready for use besides enlarging two holes and relocating one.

The Yamaha goes back to just being a very good power amp which I'm considering separating from the rest of it into it's own enclosure.
    Last edited by agk; 16-10-2017 at 13:52.

I'm Andrew.

I read somewhere that the pictured configuration works well.

I disagree quite a lot.

I'm Martin.

I can see why they might say that as *on paper* it should work better than having the drivers horizontal. Maybe the mid and tweeter are just too high up like that?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Andrew.

It also removes my handy record sleeve shelf.

I'm Andrew.

Could be that Martin. I think having the tweeter in the middle after a fashion and so to speak might be better. The cables ain't long enough though so we won't be finding out.

I'm Andrew.

Just bought me a pair of Mullard PCF80 for the Firebottle. I do love these lesser priced tubes. A pair nos delivered for less than a tenner.

That will leave the stage with a full complement of vintage Mullard tubes.

Should anyone be interested I will be reworking my PCC189 sales thread to include the replaced PCF80 valves.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Just bought me a pair of Mullard PCF80 for the Firebottle. I do love these lesser priced tubes. A pair nos delivered for less than a tenner.

That will leave the stage with a full complement of vintage Mullard tubes.

Should anyone be interested I will be reworking my PCC189 sales thread to include the replaced PCF80 valves.
    i did that originally with my firebottle. i never noticed any improvement personally.. do you?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast