+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Journey to the temple of boom, slight reprise.

I'm Alan.

Spotify is doing 3 months at 99p a month same deal as Deezer but Tidal will only give you 12 days free, still thats enough time to see if lossless streaming is worth £17 a month!!! Not for me, im sticking to freeeeeeee.
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

I'm Andrew.

Can of worms it certainly is Alan. I'm going to stick with Spotify for the foreseeable. They may well have a "HiFi quality" service on its way, the UI is great for me and my 44 year old ears are satisfied.
    As we both agreed, most of the people in this game are too old to hear any real difference.
    Last edited by agk; 02-01-2018 at 09:33. Reason: Auto correct.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Can of worms it certainly is Alan. I'm going to stick with Spotify for the foreseeable. They may well have a "HiFi quality" service on its way, the UI is great for me and my 44 year old ears are satisfied.
    As we both agreed, most of the people in this game are too old to hear any real difference.
    I think if I ever decided to pay for a streaming service it would be amazon, then I would buy a Dot, (£50) hook its pre outs up to my amp and tell it what to play, its the next step, talking to shit, ive been streaming for longer than spotify has been running via my own library and I think this is the way forward. Its still an option actually because Plex has just developed a skill which means you can now control a local library, something I think Amazon didnt want anyone to be able to do....... or that could be just me been cynical.
    Modified SB Receiver, SB Touch, GustardX16 DAC, Mitchell Alecto Mk2 Upgraded, DCB1 hot rod with BTFSystems LDR and input board, Club27 Kurt Mk2 with crossover upgrade and Laquor pack, Tannoy XT6F, IPL S2TLK CD3, Pioneer PL550 (thanks Andrew) Various TDA1541 CDP's, too much shit I dont use to list.

I'm Andrew.

I have issues with Amazon.

The Kitsound Link I've gone for was £36 including next day AM delivery from Maplin, will stream from anything on my network and will mate up nicely with the Beresford Caiman SEG that's coming next.

I think I've sorted my amp issues. The gain is improved without a huuuuuge cable connecting phone to amp and now I have removed the redundant volume pot in the SMSL I'm a happy bunny.

Me? Digital? Historically I'm more one for raising a digit!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    I have issues with Amazon.

The Kitsound Link I've gone for was £36 including next day AM delivery from Maplin, will stream from anything on my network and will mate up nicely with the Beresford Caiman SEG that's coming next.

I think I've sorted my amp issues. The gain is improved without a huuuuuge cable connecting phone to amp and now I have removed the redundant volume pot in the SMSL I'm a happy bunny.

Me? Digital? Historically I'm more one for raising a digit!
    A DAC? There was me thinking es finito meant you were finished......

I'm Andrew.

As if!

I'm Andrew.

The DAC is here and aside from playing with different toslink leads for a while that's sufficient.

I really should listen to the proletariat more often.

I'm Andrew.

The minimalist approach to hifi, kind of.

Obligatory tapping foot included in shot and no prizes but can you see my Deadeye Dick?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm gone.

Nice one, Andrew.
    Love the look of the Leaks and to getting rid of physical media and the love for Spot Premium.
    We are following fairly similar paths.

I'm Andrew.

Thank you Jerry. I collect that a few of us here are heading in the same direction. It seems the logical path.
    It's lovely just plonking my behind down and listening to whatever I fancy for hours on end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast