+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice please - speakers to suit Quad IIs

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by drSM View Post
    am guessing Audio Note speakers should be good match.
    I one heard the AN E s put in corners at AN room in a hifi show and they were superb
    probably would be a good match but I have also heard them in the corners at shows and did not like what they did. The necessity for corner placement meant they were too far apart so you could hear each speaker working independently and the mid-bass hump generated by this positioning coloured the sound unacceptably.

There is nothing in the design of them that makes them suitable for corner placement, unlike with some of the Tannoy corner speakers, for example. I've experimented with putting various models of speakers in corners and they behaved exactly like the AN speakers do. Some may like that presentation of course, and that's fine by me, but I really don't get it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm shahrin.

at least from the point of view of efficency and the fact that they are marketed by a valve system manufacturer should make AN speakers suitable to the Quad II's 15 wpc.

Re the AN system i heard. It was one of the Ongaku integrateds 18 wpc i think, CD source, driving AN E s
    Hotel room one spkr was in a true corner the other in a sort of semi corner .
    The guy played any CD anybody chose from a big selection.
    It was the most impressive room to most of us at the show (KLIAV last year)
    I take yr point the room dimensions have to be right
    Thorens td124 mk2 / Bokrand AB309/ 103r
    SLAT L75 / Jelco 850S / AT VM740ML
    Marantz CD63 / Bluesound / Musical Paradise 701 II/ ESP 500Hz eXO / PL Prologue 4 and Nord 1UP amps / JK Wynn semiactive NS1000 upgrade
    /ESP 700 Hz eXO / JBL 4333 components

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123