+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gong Back in The Game

I'm James.

I see you have moved up the Ortofon tree Rob, I have always wanted a Cadenza Black so will be following your posts closely.

Nice to see you back on mate and nice to see someone still committed and exploring vinyls potential!

I am still using the 2M black and to be honest my system at the moment has never sounded better. Changed a few things myself recently but not sure which bit has made the significant uptick in SQ. Might be the new caps in my preamp or the new line stage valve.?

Sounds like you have had a fair bit going on mate?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I see you have moved up the Ortofon tree Rob, I have always wanted a Cadenza Black so will be following your posts closely.

Nice to see you back on mate and nice to see someone still committed and exploring vinyls potential!

I am still using the 2M black and to be honest my system at the moment has never sounded better. Changed a few things myself recently but not sure which bit has made the significant uptick in SQ. Might be the new caps in my preamp or the new line stage valve.?

Sounds like you have had a fair bit going on mate?
    Thanks Jimbo,

Cant believe i'm back in the game myself, I thought I'd never get this last part accomplished, I'm over joyed !

The sound i'm now enjoying is exactly what I've been aiming to achieve and like yourself, I'm now experiencing the best SQ from my system without a doubt.

I was on such a high after last nights session I didnt sleep buzzing on the thrill and excitement of how good it is - wow !! I thought of nothing but getting to it again all last night

The Cadenza is just as wonderful as the 2MB you and I both love.

The differences are it is totally neutral and portrays more timbrel, tonal textures of the instruments / vocals. Add to that even more lifelike / tangible feel to voices - fabulous !

The 2MB though, as you know is a stellar cart regardless, in any system in my experience and opinion, it is the one that opened my eyes in terms of what a really good cart can do.

Just in from work and the itch to get some tunes on the go is unbearable but I've still got to continue clearing a room for my lovely Mrs and daughters, ready for decorating so I'll have to wait for the next opportunity.

The kit is fired up though just in case there's an hour or two I can squeeze tonight

I'm James.

Know how you feel mate, exciting stuff! I have a new stellar recorded LP I have just taken delivery of and am itching to get it on the platter!

Maybe some time before I can afford the Cadenza!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Russell.

I recall one of my very first exposures to high end audio. A friend's older brother, in the mid 70's, had a huge Sansui amp! Solders were bringing them back from overseas in those days. I don't recall the speakers, but they were big! And it was most impressive. And left a lasting impression on me, all I knew was that I wanted one!

And nothing beats when your system has taken a turn for the better, and suddenly all of your old records are new again! New details to hear even in your favorite albums! That is sheer joy! To find new entertainment in old records.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I recall one of my very first exposures to high end audio. A friend's older brother, in the mid 70's, had a huge Sansui amp! Solders were bringing them back from overseas in those days. I don't recall the speakers, but they were big! And it was most impressive. And left a lasting impression on me, all I knew was that I wanted one!

And nothing beats when your system has taken a turn for the better, and suddenly all of your old records are new again! New details to hear even in your favorite albums! That is sheer joy! To find new entertainment in old records.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Very very apparent tonight Russell, The extent to which some tracks I've played numerous times over the past two / three decades and thought I knew have 'changed' is jaw dropping

The system now takes you absolutely into the record and the liveness of it, the tail off of vocals the, rawness, breath sometimes that wasn't being revealed before is amazing - like you're there, very insightful and i'm just loving it

I'm Robert.

Need an early night...... but it wont be tonight
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Andrew.

Your systems not a million miles away from my own. It's a nice sound isn't it but I think there is still more to be had with a little tweaking. You might want to try an isolation board under your techie.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Your systems not a million miles away from my own. It's a nice sound isn't it but I think there is still more to be had with a little tweaking. You might want to try an isolation board under your techie.
    Sure is Andy, very accurate / revealing I'd say. You get what's recorded in those grooves, no gloss over, warts n all which was always the aim so mission accomplished / arrived at destination. Definitely a rediscovery of some albums i've played for decades and thought I knew

There's always a knats you can squeeze but I'm just loving and enjoying the music, the downtime was long and hurt so I'm overdosing / bathing in the joys of it now.

One area that I've always been curious about, if I do touch anything again is speakers. The 752 Freedoms are great but realistically I sense I could be moved / thrilled even further with a 'genuine' upgrade there. They have brought me a lot of pleasure over the years, a good faithful friend but if there's a weak link in the company of the Sansui, the modded Techie and the Cadenza Black it's likely them but no urgency and no rush
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Robert.

another night, another session - a lot of vinyl to rediscover you see It's like layers have been pealed away, some tracks sound different, some very different from what Ive known previously
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234