+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone here use a CD recorder ?

I'm Bernie.

I use one too to digitise vinyl I can't get on CD. Works well!
    Bernie.

I'm Martin.

I also have a Pioneer MD707 and two other Teac Minidisc recorders. I do like using minidisc and love the Pioneer which is a great unit.

I have a sharp portable that I could use with its Md x2 x4 recording options. I have found I dont generally record for more than 80 minutes at a time though

I have become a bit lazy in recording. I will put some Freeview radio recordings on my Humax.

I dabble with cassette for a bit of fun only...lets be frank that that there are much better options now. My little computer will do a lot of ripping digits and I havent kept up to date on its potential recording software

I should do more recording as theres plenty on radio 3 and 6 that I would like recorded.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 31-08-2017 at 21:19.

I'm Geoff.

Yep. Lets have a MiniDisc revival!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by IHP View Post
    Again, thanks for all the replies. As mentioned the source is a Virgin Tivo box and radio from this sounds just wonderful. Truth is I don't do any PC interface into my system for music, not because I've any difficulty or problem with this, it just doesn't appeal. I understand some won't get that.

I'm tempted by CDR or minidisc and will give this some consideration. Cost does not seem too excessive (in the scheme of things). Truth is I've also been distracted and have looked at reel to reels, my aren't they good looking !! As things stand logic has gone out of the window and I do fancy a play with this. There are a couple of nice looking Akai units on the Retrotech site, no idea at all about the SQ of these but the cost is not high.

Anyway, as can happen I'm now all over the shop but happy pondering the possibilities ;-). As I've said a number of times before, if this sort of thing is your biggest problem then life is good !
    Ian - did you get to look at the various possibilities? Where did you end up on this? As mentioned I downloaded from the BBC the actual broadcast you wanted. Happy to arrange for that to to be sent to you via some means. Or you can download it directly from the beeb yourself.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yep. Lets have a MiniDisc revival!
    Well people can go on about ATRAC and what it loses but its a format that made a lot of sense in terms of a caddy protecting the disc and the disc size. It sounds very good for the recording applications I use it for. It will present a very nice recording that could only really be picked apart by people with the most critical ear. Well you know what I mean..... Obviously I wouldn't present it as the best high res sound on offer.

The editing functions are a world apart from any tape and they can be recorded on many times more than a tape would comfortably last

I was spending £30 for a mint looking Pioneer so I wasnt exactly splashing out to own them. That is a key point with any format that would generally be considered as obsolete.

All the best
    Martin

I'm chris.

Was surprised that still so many people using minidisc. Minidisc sounds even better if you pump the sound out to an external dac.
    Other ways of recording ( from Freeview ) is to use a tv tuner in a Windows 7 pc and use Media Center as it has superlative EPG & unattended recording capabilities: it is then possible to extract the audio with a free toolkit software

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123