+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here use a CD recorder ?

I'm Tony.

Do you know about get_iPlayer?

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/

Download any BBC content (radio/TV). It gets around the 30 day delete policy of standard iPlayer. You can save in a variety of formats according to preference and intended playback device.

I'm Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Still got a couple of Sharp personal player/recorders as well, MD-MT80 and MD-MT88. I found these sound better than any of the Sony's I tried. They make decent recordings, sound great with small Sennheiser phones and you can plug them into the Hi-Fi. But the Pioneer deck is the best tool (can't cart it about though ).
    Agreed, Geoff. I still have a working Sharp MT888: fantastic playback and recording from such a small unit. I was totally amazed by the quality of the recordings. One of the best buys I ever made. Occasionally get it out and use it instead of an i-thing.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Still got a couple of Sharp personal player/recorders as well, MD-MT80 and MD-MT88. I found these sound better than any of the Sony's I tried. They make decent recordings, sound great with small Sennheiser phones and you can plug them into the Hi-Fi. But the Pioneer deck is the best tool (can't cart it about though ).
    Agree there Geoff and John. Sharp way better than the Sony MD. I bought the top of the range Sharp ( will look up what one), my mate bought top of the range Sony. Both good, but Sharp way better on sound and features . All reviews said Sharp better, my mate also.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Jo.

Default >>>

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Agree there Geoff and John. Sharp way better than the Sony MD. I bought the top of the range Sharp ( will look up what one), my mate bought top of the range Sony. Both good, but Sharp way better on sound and features . All reviews said Sharp better, my mate also.
    I had a variety of portables as well as separates and loved some of the Sony portable on account of their styling and weight; my favourite looker was the Sony MZe909. Looked fab but had a poor sound. Even the better sounding Sonys couldn't match the Sharp.

I'm Ian.

May I just say thank you for all the responses for the moment. I just can't read these right now having just had a rotten, hot and long drive (to pick up a TT !) and now have to go out ! Anyhoo, didn't want to appear rude and will look at these tomorrow, thank you.

I'm Geoff.

Am I missing something. Why not just record it and then burn it to a cd using a pc drive? It can then be played on any cd player.

Geoff

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony01 View Post
    Do you know about get_iPlayer?

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/

Download any BBC content (radio/TV). It gets around the 30 day delete policy of standard iPlayer. You can save in a variety of formats according to preference and intended playback device.
    Why give in to have unnecessary time restrictions, and thereby monitoring placed on you. I am still enjoying BB King Live in Perth Western Australia that I recorded on a Teac 3300SX reel to reel over 35 years ago, broadcast on ABC FM.... As we travel around the world I say no body, no body shakes the boogie like James Boogaloo Bolan , shake your boogie Son .... my guitar Lucille , my name is BB King ... , absolutely priceless.

Best to avoid, just like wanting to go to prison, any restrictive proprietary software. http://distrowatch.com

I'm Ian.

Again, thanks for all the replies. As mentioned the source is a Virgin Tivo box and radio from this sounds just wonderful. Truth is I don't do any PC interface into my system for music, not because I've any difficulty or problem with this, it just doesn't appeal. I understand some won't get that.

I'm tempted by CDR or minidisc and will give this some consideration. Cost does not seem too excessive (in the scheme of things). Truth is I've also been distracted and have looked at reel to reels, my aren't they good looking !! As things stand logic has gone out of the window and I do fancy a play with this. There are a couple of nice looking Akai units on the Retrotech site, no idea at all about the SQ of these but the cost is not high.

Anyway, as can happen I'm now all over the shop but happy pondering the possibilities ;-). As I've said a number of times before, if this sort of thing is your biggest problem then life is good !

I'm Edward.

Hi

As mentioned by Tony (Tony01) this is available for download from the BBC with the _getiplayer application.

I downloaded the relevant prom concert (prom #53) and it downloads just fine (~350mb). For reasons I now forget the BBC don't seem/want to DRM the radio downloads so the downloaded file is not time limited. Certainly I was able to convert the file to another format which would not have been possible if the download was DRM protected.

The file is in m4a format - I was hoping that it would be in flac format considering that the BBC have been trialing hires broadcasts for this years proms. But anyway the M4A format sounds superb.

Edward

The prom lasted 2:44:58 - to be exact.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

Pioneer CDR-609 as the signature shows. In conjunction with a Yamaha KX-580 cassette deck it's given me over a decade's worth of service transferring old Peel and Vance tapes to digital. Pretty good as a CD player in its own right in our lounge.

Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast