+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pink Floyd: Their Mortal Remains

I'm Edward.

Default Pink Floyd: Their Mortal Remains

Went to the V&A exhibition with a mate to see the Pink Floyd exhibition yesterday.

Highly recommended.

It is a vast exhibition stretching to 11 rooms - one can easily spend 3 hours or more savouring the stuff on display and heard.

The sounds are micro-broadcast to the bluetooth enabled handsets that are handed out. You simply move around and the handset picks up relevant sounds and commentary in front of you. Really works well. I had my Momentum headphones with me so had great sound.

Lots of rare posters, original film footage and original equipment. Takes in the full breadth from the Syd Barrett pre Floyd days right up to The Endless River. Lots of scale (e.g. brilliant mock up of The Wall).

The exhibition, understandably I guess, does not refer to the personal difficulties that were sometimes evident (such as Barrett's declining mental condition) but it is not the worse for it.

The last room is awesome - displaying clips from their 2005 reunion concert - displayed on four walls in quad sound.

Don't miss it if you are in London.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Jerry.

I would like to go but it would just make me sad that they are no more.......
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Steve.

Thumbs up

Going next month.

I'm Ian.

My brother is going next month too, great tip about the headphones, I shall let him know.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Paul.

I really need to get my arse in gear and go see this
    Paul.

I'm Steve.

Thumbs up Pink Floyd | Mortal Remains Exhibition.

I was totally blown way with this well organised and superbly presented exhibition. It answered many questions about the band and allowed me to get close up and personal with instruments and props. Absolutely collosal.

Last edited by Floyddroid; 01-10-2017 at 21:22. Reason: Prog

I'm Huw.

Yes indeed its a great exhibition and as you say you can spend a lot of time absorbing it all. On, to me, an amusing note, there were a lot of male grey hairs there, I felt right at home.
    Only grumble & its not a serious one, not enough about the crew who laboured long and hard especially in the early days.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by datdad View Post
    Yes indeed its a great exhibition and as you say you can spend a lot of time absorbing it all. On, to me, an amusing note, there were a lot of male grey hairs there, I felt right at home.
    Only grumble & its not a serious one, not enough about the crew who laboured long and hard especially in the early days.
    My friend commented on that too.

I'm Edward.

Default David Gilmore Live at Pompeii

Just thought I'd add to this thread.

Been watching David Gilmore's bluray of the performance of Live at Pompeii.

Highly recommended. The sound and sights, as expected, are simply awesome. Play it loud with the lights dimmed on a 1080 or better TV and you are transported to the live concert.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_at_Pompeii

Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Dennis.

I went to "The Revolution" exhibition in Feb, but not this one although I know it is good.

The only sadness for me, and it is a deep sadness, is that all the truths pointed out in both the former, and the Floyd's work, do not seem to have resulted in any significant improvement in human behaviour.

+ Reply to Thread