+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woodstock

I'm Edward.

I've been looking at what is available to purchase. There is a ton of stuff out there - a mixture of legit and not legit stuff.

Seems like some folks created a Woodstock Project and researched the various sources then available.

Here is the link.

In the meantime I'm buying the Woodstock 40 2 cd which apparently is highly regarded.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Peter.

Andy / Edward... happy memories that's for sure.

After that experience, I settled down and attended Strathclyde University and got my degree. Very lucky to have traveled the world as a Mechanical Engineer for the next 50 years... enjoying every minute..... not a complete waster after all

An experience not to be missed.... thanks to my mum!!!! who understood at the time...

Would I have choose differently???..... me thinks not !!!!

P.S. Mr Paul Rodgers ( Free) was also a big influence,,,,, and still is to this day.

Music was never better🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I was at the Isle of Wight concert when Hendrix was on the bill.

I was on the side of the stage for the performance after sitting at a camp fire with the great man himself.
    Alan, did you get to speak with Hendrix?
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Thanks Edward I have book marked that site for a more thorough read later
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Alan, did you get to speak with Hendrix?
    OK here is the full story:

Myself and a female colleague (not girlfriend) took a coach down to the 1970 IOW festival with no camping or sleeping equipment. This was going to be a hippie experience, sleeping on the ground under the stars

I was 17 at the time and had hair down past my shoulders. We soon discovered that it was quite cool at night so befriended a security chap who was responsible for the generator truck feeding the first-aid/hospital marquee. At least it was warm inside the truck although very noisy as the generator was run 24/7.

So the day comes when Hendrix is on the bill so with a bit of sweet talking the security chap gets the pair of us through into the outer enclave, then through into the inner enclave where the caravans were parked for all the artists.

We asked around and found which one was for Hendrix, from memory it wasn't large or particularly modern. Anyway it was dark now so we made a little 'camp fire' adjacent to this caravan to await the arrival of Hendrix, lord knows where we found the materials.
    When he arrived he said to us 'keep it burning' then after spending maybe 15 minutes in the caravan he came and sat down by the fire.

Unfortunately I was far too awestruck and naive to talk to him but did get to see his performance from the side of the stage later.

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

That was some line up Alan, ( Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis, Jethro Tull, Ten Years After, Chicago, The Doors, Lighthouse, The Who, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, The Moody Blues, Joan Baez, Free, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Kris Kristofferson, Donovan, John Sebastian, Terry Reid, Taste, The Band.) Must have been a magical event.

My first was Reading 1971. When I look back at the acts on the stage that weekend I can really remember none of them other than East of Eden who left a mark LOL
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Martin.

I treasure a perfume holder that was worn at Woodstock by the American mum of an ex.

I have Woodstock videos and I lap up any clips and Woodstock stories. I was only 5 then but something just seemed so right about that time...the original summer of love. It just seemed a very special time for music and free love

I like the Hippy culture and have a view that they had the right vibe...before it got cynical again. Maybe Im just buying into a media interpretation of it all.

Maybe part of it lives on in Glastonbury and other festivals. I like to see people getting together and enjoying the music.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12