+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bass and phase issue with NS1000Ms

I'm shahrin.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    I have a Yamaha wiring diagram for the ns1000, I will sent it too you to check later if you like
    Please Jamie, Ta
    I will be busy tonight w AA battery at first but may venture 'inside'.
    If indeed one woofer is wrongly wired i have to find which it is .

bloody weird cause generally i ve been happy with the overall bass performance of these babies.
    very odd ....
    Thorens td124 mk2 / Bokrand AB309/ 103r
    SLAT L75 / Jelco 850S / AT VM740ML
    Marantz CD63 / Bluesound / Musical Paradise 701 II/ ESP 500Hz eXO / PL Prologue 4 and Nord 1UP amps / JK Wynn semiactive NS1000 upgrade
    /ESP 700 Hz eXO / JBL 4333 components

I'm shahrin.

Test with 1.5V AAA battery showed that with +ve terminal of battery to +ve terminal of speaker both woofers moved Forwards.
    Checked and double checked
    So i was mistaken about this phase thing.
    I could not remember what source i played that nite other than internet radio thru my SBT.
    But good vinyl last night confirmed that all was well - I am in phase .... and happy.
    I learnt a few things and thank you all for help.
    shamefully yours,
    Shahrin
    Marantz CD63 / Bluesound / Musical Paradise 701 II/ ESP 500Hz eXO / PL Prologue 4 and Nord 1UP amps / JK Wynn semiactive NS1000 upgrade

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Good the speakers are ok. Happy listening.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Ken.

The +/- terminals are clearly marked on the bass driver casting.

The wiring schematic is on my website.

The wiring tags on the crossover board are also marked, the bass does not go through the L-Pads so tracing the connections is straight forward.

Does your balance control design give a volume lift to one channel when hard over?

As you turn the balance one way, the control decreases the volume to one speaker but raises the level to the other, quite often, increasing volume makes bass more prominent, hence our tendency to crank it up.

Maybe you are just hearing the more prominent bass, due to overall level increase and as it is happening which ever way you turn the control, ie, to both speakers, I think this might be the case.

I have lived without a balance control for a while now, but experienced a similar thing when I tried an old amp that did have this control, so you may not have a problem.
    Last edited by Qwin; 04-09-2017 at 12:47.

I'm shahrin.

Thanks Ken - you are no doubt one of the Ns1000 experts on this forum.
    I am OK now.
    No issues - i did not want to go beavering inside the speaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12