+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaker Help...Sort or Skip

I'm Adam.

I had a chat with Paul Baldwin, thanks Edward.
    He was very helpful indeed, top bloke. Suggested the x-overs to be freshened up, and go from there.
    He thought the driver combination and the implementation would give very very good HiFi results!

Lots of good advice here too, so we shall see and i will let you know how they come out.
    The 300b pp with no feedback won't be sufficient to bring out the best from them so will have to match an Amp to test (SS?).
    I take it on the basis that whoever put these together must have put those drivers with the horns in that configuration for a reason!
    So a cross over do over is the first step, and the cheapest..
    stay tuned! I agree it would be a shame to break em up.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Have a chat with Paul Baldwin at reelaudio. He use to work at Goodmans in Wembley probably around the time those speakers were made. Maybe he has something info that is helpfull.

Send my regards if you chat with him.

Sent via Tapatalk
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Edward.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    I had a chat with Paul Baldwin, thanks Edward.
    He was very helpful indeed, top bloke. Suggested the x-overs to be freshened up, and go from there.
    He thought the driver combination and the implementation would give very very good HiFi results!

Lots of good advice here too, so we shall see and i will let you know how they come out.
    The 300b pp with no feedback won't be sufficient to bring out the best from them so will have to match an Amp to test (SS?).
    I take it on the basis that whoever put these together must have put those drivers with the horns in that configuration for a reason!
    So a cross over do over is the first step, and the cheapest..
    stay tuned! I agree it would be a shame to break em up.
    cheers
    Good to hear Adam.

Feel free to invite me over for a listen once you have them sorted.

Hey you never know your speakers may well compete favourably with highly priced/prized Adam Speakers!

Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Adam.

Indeed you are not far from me...N2..Finchley?
    You actually have an Amp i could LOVE to hear!, maybe a coffee, and a Tune or 2 on your Radford STA25?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Good to hear Adam.

Feel free to invite me over for a listen once you have them sorted.

Hey you never know your speakers may well compete favourably with highly priced/prized Adam Speakers!

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Edward.

Indeed you are not far from me...N2..Finchley?
    You actually have an Amp i could LOVE to hear!, maybe a coffee, and a Tune or 2 on your Radford STA25?

Anytime ...

Ditto for the WAD.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Alex.

Possibly a KEF15 tweeter

Just seen the second photo, fairly definite that it's a T15
    Spendorman

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    Possibly a KEF15 tweeter

Just seen the second photo, fairly definite that it's a T15
    Yes. You're right actually. I'd thought it was an HF1300, but the blue and black wires identify it as KEF.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alex.

The mounting too, and no threaded hole in the back of the magnet
    Spendorman

I'm Alex.

Not sure what size (internal volume) the cabinets are, but it could be that they are too small for good bass from the two B139's. Removing one B139 and blanking the hole, might improve the bass, of course the crossover would not be quite right then, that is assuming it was right in the first place.
    Spendorman

I'm Adam.

This project is on hold for the time being till funds allow.
    Have a nice Tannoy project I am working on.
    I won't give up on these though...

I'll report back..soon ish

thanks for the input chaps

I'm Edward.

This project is on hold for the time being till funds allow.
    Have a nice Tannoy project I am working on.
    I won't give up on these though...

I'll report back..soon ish

thanks for the input chaps

Just a little prod on this Adam.

Get the xovers out and replace the caps. 60 minutes tops.

Minimal cost. DIY.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12