+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Decca C4E cartridge

I'm jamie.

im seriously enjoying this cartridge,the best i have owned so far.....just saying!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Pleased mate. You did the right thing getting it refurbed. I'm told a AT150MLX Will give you 90% of a Decca gold's performance. Not sure what anyone else would make of that but the guy who told me, Is very trustworthy and reliable.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

No AT except possibly the top MC models will offer the solidity and 'presence' of a properly working Decca I think, although they have other charms. I heard a ZYX that came close and I reckon the later Rega Apheta 2 and it's new cheaper stable-mate may possibly come fairly close as well (I only know the rather wild original Apheta) and without the reliability headaches. The older solid-body Decca's could be amazing I remember.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    The older solid-body Decca's could be amazing I remember.
    They are, but I'm toying with the idea of flogging mine (downscaling system).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    They are, but I'm toying with the idea of flogging mine (downscaling system).
    What do you have Geoff? I might be interested.
    Barry

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    No AT except possibly the top MC models will offer the solidity and 'presence' of a properly working Decca I think, although they have other charms. I heard a ZYX that came close and I reckon the later Rega Apheta 2 and it's new cheaper stable-mate may possibly come fairly close as well (I only know the rather wild original Apheta) and without the reliability headaches. The older solid-body Decca's could be amazing I remember.
    I haven't heard either so I can't argue lol.

I'm James.

I would be surprised if any AT cartridge sounds like a Decca. An ADC does sound a bit like a Decca but nothing really sounds like a Decca. They have a life of their own!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I would be surprised if any AT cartridge sounds like a Decca. An ADC does sound a bit like a Decca but nothing really sounds like a Decca. They have a life of their own!
    Ha,. So I'm told. I'm definitely coming to listen to yours at some point !!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I own several ADCs and have Deccas. Both are very nice, but I've never thought of ADCs as sounding like Deccas. My ADC 10E Mk.IV sounds very similar to the Denon DL-103R though, in a slightly more refined way. Done a side by side comparison. The nearest cartridge to the Deccas sound that I've come across is my ZYX R100 02 H (the ZYX has the edge! ).
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I own several ADCs and have Deccas. Both are very nice, but I've never thought of ADCs as sounding like Deccas. My ADC 10E Mk.IV sounds very similar to the Denon DL-103R though, in a slightly more refined way. Done a side by side comparison. The nearest cartridge to the Deccas sound that I've come across is my ZYX R100 02 H (the ZYX has the edge! ).
    I bow to you superior knowledge Geoff. I only had an ADC mk2 improved for a short while and I thought it had some Decca character. Not heard the ZYX but it is on my list!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast