+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Decca C4E cartridge

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Oh man! You've defo shot yourself in the foot because the Slagle is one wonderful bit of kit and the case it's in is ridiculously well built. I am having a great time currently and the sounds are the best I've heard in my system.

Don't despair, new autoformers are only £180 ($200). Ali has done such a good job of this one that I'd be asking him to build one if I were you.

I think you possibly haven't got the best from that Vivant either. The ZYX cart I have does distort quite often. A clean of the stylus usually sorts that out though. I use the "little green paper" it's very good.

Stay the course and you'll get there. The Decca is probably well worth having retipped and serviced. You're in a good place to end up with stunning vinyl replay.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    I did notice that the Fuji improved with a clean but it never became perfect if you know what I mean, there was always an edge to things.

Glad you're liking the Slagle, I might get something built but I'm in no rush. The return of the Decca will lead me down the right path I hope.

If I could only sell my amp and speakers it would make the task a good bit easier

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    I did notice that the Fuji improved with a clean but it never became perfect if you know what I mean, there was always an edge to things.

Glad you're liking the Slagle, I might get something built but I'm in no rush. The return of the Decca will lead me down the right path I hope.

If I could only sell my amp and speakers it would make the task a good bit easier
    It will come good mate. No doubt.

Your gear will sell too but it's a shit market ATM. I took a huge hit to move that Alphason on.

I'm Neil.

Default Decca C4E cartridge

Yep it has been a shit market for gear over £500 for a long time. Exceptions of course are ‘vintage collectibles’. I can only see this getting worse.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Yep it has been a shit market for gear over £500 for a long time. Exceptions of course are ‘vintage collectibles’. I can only see this getting worse.
    It works both ways. If prices are depressed, you buy cheaper.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It works both ways. If prices are depressed, you buy cheaper.
    Yes, another way of saying it is: it’s a buyer’s market at the moment.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm jamie.

well another twist to the decca cartridge with me,the buyer on ebay had 1% feedbaclk and his pay-pal registered address was an argos store in birmingham,i didnt like the sound of that so i refunded his money,so it still here with me! perhaps the tonearm ive just bought will be a better match for it than the alphason?........
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

wise move
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    well another twist to the decca cartridge with me,the buyer on ebay had 1% feedbaclk and his pay-pal registered address was an argos store in birmingham,i didnt like the sound of that so i refunded his money,so it still here with me! perhaps the tonearm ive just bought will be a better match for it than the alphason?........
    Bloody hell mate. What arm have you bought?

I'm jamie.

can you guess?

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    wise move
    yep ive not heard a peep from him since emailing him yesterday,i reckon i had a lucky escape there.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast