+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi

I'm Neil.

Default Hi

Hi everyone.

I'm Shadowbox81 and it's a pleasure to say hello to you all.

I listen to pretty much anything and everything through a variety of sources, leaning towards guitar based bands (pink Floyd, joy Division and the pixies being the main ones at the mo. I do however have a reasonable collection of 80s and 90s house/drum n bass 12" that get a play when I'm in the mood.

I'm currently running two systems, one av based (which I'm happy with for the time being) and one music orientated.

Room one

Samsung 42" led, Xbox One ( for Blu-ray's/DVDs), Yamaha DV-S5860 (for SACD/CD), Yamaha RX-V765 AV receiver, Kef HTS-1001 egg speakers and Kef HTS-1005 sub.

Room Two

Goldring Lenco GL-75 in original plinth with stock arm and Nagaoka MP300 mm cartridge, Cambridge Audio D100 CD Player, Raspberry Pi 3 running Runeaudio with output via Audioquest Dragonfly Red DAC, Forte Audio Model 2 Preamp, Yamaha AX-763 receiver (used as power amp), Q Acoustics 3020 speakers.

I'm currently thinking of upgrading the Lenco by putting in a new plinth and arm and/or getting a dedicated power amp to replace the receiver but as usual, available funds are likely to dictate my course of action.

Looking forward to getting some advice and sharing my love of music with you all

I'm Neil.

Forgot to add, first name is Neil

I'm Dave.

Hi Neil, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Neil. Welcome yo AOS.

There's plenty of info available here about Lenco mods and upgrades. Our Andy (Rexton) has done the lot!

The Forte Model 2 is a lovely bit of kit and will work well with any good power amp, including valves.

Take a look around the site and join in the chat, the members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread