+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mains lead for Quad 306

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I have a few meteres of orange Qualcast mower power lead if your interested! Real Quad heads will understand the joke.
    It needs to be much more than a few metres though
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I have a few meteres of orange Qualcast mower power lead if your interested! Real Quad heads will understand the joke.
    I am a "Quad head" and I do, but the orange mower cable was used by Quad as speaker cable.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I may have some or maybe all of the facts wrong. But There was definitely a thing with PW and the caps on the 303
    The only change of spec. regarding the large capacitors used in the 303 (i.e. the output caps and the power supply caps), was the fact they were later mounted with their terminals uppermost. Previously they were mounted with the terminals under the chassis, so as to be close to the circuit boards. But when the capacitors got too hot, the over-pressure seal would leak electrolyte and make an awful mess of the boards.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I am a "Quad head" and I do, but the orange mower cable was used by Quad as speaker cable.
    Yep! Still copper and conducts leccy!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Yep! Still copper and conducts leccy!
    And cuts the grass better than any other OEM cable.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234