+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rebecca Pidgeon... quality...!

I'm Shaun.

Default Rebecca Pidgeon... quality...!

After five years or so, I've just re-discovered 'The Raven' by Rebecca Pidgeon on vinyl. OK, it's 180g vinyl and is supposed to be audiophile quality but my God, this is SERIOUS quality. I don't think I have ever heard anything this good and that includes Mobile Fidelity stuff. I have no idea how this was recorded or what gear was used but it is astonishing. Yeah, slightly folky and very English but astonishing. As you've already guessed, I can't recommend this enough.

I'm Shaun.

For those who may want to know, it's on Chesky Records and is an all analogue production with no digits in sight.

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    For those who may want to know, it's on Chesky Records and is an all analogue production with no digits in sight.
    That's original, indeed.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I got the SACD a while back and was quite impressed. Not really done any critical listening as I do not actually have an SACD player in my stereo setup. Must revist...

I'm ILOB.

The best recorded piece of vinyl I heard is A Meeting By The River by VM Bhatt and Ry Cooder stunning
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Ralph.

+ 1, if you only ever get one 45rpm lp make sure its this one, Ganges Delta Blues is a 10 minute life changing event. Cribbed from the lp sleeve:-

".....This is a pure analog recording done exclusively with custom built triode vacuum-tube electronics. The microphones were configured in the classic Blumlein arrangement. No noise reduction, equalization, compression nor limiting of any sort was used in recording or mastering this record."

The equipment list used in the production is enough to make you go weak at the knees, custom built valve mics, pre-amps and tape machines by one Tim de Paravicini, monitoring and evaluation with stuff including Electro Research EK-1 Strain Guage cartridge/preamp, FR64S tonearm, Cotter-Denon B1 t/t, amongst others.....

I'm Steve.

Shaun,

If you like Rebecca Pidgeon, I can thoroughly recommend 'Behind the velvet curtain' on The Great American Music Company label CD-GA-162.
    Steve.

My System:- dCS Vivaldi Transport + dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC + dCS Vivaldi Master Word Clock + dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus, Aurender N20 Music Server/Streamer, TW Raven One tt/Graham Phantom II/Transfiguration Orpheus L & Audio Technica ART20 mc's, Whest Titan Pro, D'Agostino Momentum HD pre/S250 MxV power amp, TAD CR-1 MKII loudspeakers, REL Gibraltar G2 subs, Coherent Systems BD Mains, interconnects & speaker cables, Sablon Audo EVO USB cable, Tellurium Q Ultra Silver power cords, Ziro Disclosure & Vertex Roraima Hi-Rez power cords + Furutech FI connectors, Stillpoints ESS racks/component stands, Vertex Aletheia PSU2 balanced power supply, Coherent Systems RTZ3 ground box + CR/BD cables, Acoustica Applicata DaaD room treatment, Mutec Ref10 SE-120.

+ Reply to Thread