+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Mpingo spacer for Denon 103

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I think 'Tufnol' (a bit like SRBP, but resin bonded cloth instead) could be a suitable material to use, and useful substitute to exotic African hardwoods.
    Barry

I'm Alan.

You might want to consider this too...at only 3 grms....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IsoKinetik...sAAOSwCQZZKXz6
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Alan.

or...I have a piece of Teflon 1.6mm thick...if you want to manufacture your own....I made one for my Goldring Eroica to very good effect...
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think 'Tufnol' (a bit like SRBP, but resin bonded cloth instead) could be a suitable material to use, and useful substitute to exotic African hardwoods.
    It is. Each material, Tufnol, Paxolin and Phenolic sheet are ideal. I keep a stock of each as I often need to make something for projects.

Carbon fibre sheet is available too. Very rigid and light. Not sure it offers significant advantages though and it costs more.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm peter.

Make mine out of PTFE it is light , and inert , works very well,dont use carbon fibre ,fibre's are nasty hard to drill , need to get them cut on a water jet , i have a couple of large blocks and cannot get them cut any where LOL

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by gwernaffield View Post
    Make mine out of PTFE it is light , and inert
    No solid is mechanically inert. So there!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    No solid is mechanically inert. So there!
    PTFE is chemically inert, electrically inert, but mechanically inert? - no, not really.
    Barry

I'm peter.

Barry i have used it for a while and it sound great and light too, you can buy them ready made off eveil bay , high heat resistance
    high resistance to chemical agents and solvents
    high anti adhesiveness
    high dielectric properties
    low friction coefficient
    non-toxicity.

PTFE is generally considered a thermoplastic polymer; at 327°C it maintains a very high viscosity, thus requiring particular transformation techniques for manufacturing of finished and semi-finished goods.

PTFE can be used at any temperature from -200°C to +260°C peter

Delrin would IMO be a better material to use.
    Barry

I'm peter.

it heaver than PTFE and hard to drill , and twice the price , i have some it you want a piece 2mm thick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast