Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cassette decks and belt rot!

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    at least your not going lady gaga
    I need more proof than that!
    Spendorman

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I would have suggested that maybe Lady Gaga is wearing them - she is said to have worn a dress made of meat.

But since you have now found them, that speculation is now redundant.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Yes but its funny really how we expect the belts on a thirty + year old cassette deck to be fine. Ive only seen the belts go on my first Sharp which was in family storage. I sighed in disappointment but it didnt owe me anything after all that time

I have Denon 3 head models now (Great value brand) and I have working model as an emergency backup for parts. I think belts are available from a German seller who must be hoarding them all and hoping for a full cassette revival

Its much better since the internet to source parts. I remember having to go to a warehouse trade counter somewhere. I almost felt I had to give them an extra bung to pick the parts....he would shout through...can you get this Dave and the reply was not sure...I think Ive got them on the shelves but they are so hard to get for that model (and all that baloney BS)...Like they were doing me a favour even after I paid to phone them for a stock check

I was giving them a bung as the prices were criminal

I'm Anto.

I have bought a cheap set of belts off e bay , and am going to try and get my old player going

Its the same model as in this thread , which saves me loads of typing lol

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=135683

It has Hitachi power cable on it ,so I concur that it probably is an Hitachi made machine ,for Currys
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

clean away all the old residue first
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anto.

Thanks Grant . The belts look round to me , are a lot square section ?? and yes , they have gone like black gunge
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

You get both profiles. It takes a while with a lot of cotton buds and a little alcohol or something like that to get it out of the pulleys. If you don't than it will jam up
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ken.

As a makeshift repair, I found a belt that was too long, cut it to the correct length and joined it with super glue, like when making "O" rings.
    It was still going a couple of months later when I found and fitted a replacement belt. (Old ITT portable cassette deck).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123