+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS- Firebottle OTP-MK2 phono stage

Bigman80 Guest

Default FS- Firebottle OTP-MK2 phono stage

Hi all,

Up for grabs is my Firebottle OTP-MK2. As you're most probably aware, this is a new design and has only recently been available so it's as good as brand new. It's MM/MC switchable and loading is achieved via loading plugs at the rear. It's currently fitted with NE3332 (?) Opamps. I have been using it with Burson V5 opamps and IMO it takes this unit to a higher level.

With that in mind, I'll price this at £230 which allows you to buy some opamps of your own!

Reason for sale -

I've just purchased a Jolida JD9 and I need to give Mr Barclaycard some money lol

£230 collected
    £240 next day recorded delivery

P.S this is £70 below the new price for a new unit which this practicaly is!

Cheers

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Karl.

The jolida must be good then Oliver?
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    The jolida must be good then Oliver?
    Not here yet mate! These things usually take a few days to get an offer so I have put it up in preparation so to speak. Ps, your in for a treat with the Bursons.

I'm Steve.

Hi Oliver
    I'd like to give it a try, however I'm at the airport just heading away for a couple of weeks, can I PayPal a deposit now and complete on my return?

Cheers steve.
    Regards Steve

Funkfirm Little Super Deck with F5 arm
    Audio Technica AT33sa
    Vertere Phono 1
    Naim Supernait 2
    Niam Allae speaker

Bigman80 Guest

Of course!

I'll PM you.

Bigman80 Guest

Deposit taken,

Sold subject to completion

I'm Karl.

Oh so your taking a bit of a gamble on it being better then or have you heard one already?? Not 100% I will have bursons yet ,I asked but Alan said he needs another listen but will make sure it comes back to me in another league.. customs were being a pain in the arse though so he still hasn't received it yet . Hopefuly he will get it this week no the issue has been sorted
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

Bigman80 Guest

Oh so your taking a bit of a gamble on it being better then or have you heard one already?? Not 100% I will have bursons yet ,I asked but Alan said he needs another listen but will make sure it comes back to me in another league.. customs were being a pain in the arse though so he still hasn't received it yet . Hopefuly he will get it this week no the issue has been sorted
    I am gambling yes lol. IMO the Bursons are very good. Go for BB627's if you want a cheaper alternative

I'm Karl.

haha fair play.... I'm sure it will pay off..iv only ever heard good things about them so if this is an upgraded version I'm sure it will be awesome mate.
    like i said to you and alan regarding OP's.... I'm not arsed about the cost... 60 quid extra is no dramas if the bursons are better so hopefully alan will let me know what he thinks in due course. let us know what you think of the jolida when she's up and running
    cheers

Bigman80 Guest

haha fair play.... I'm sure it will pay off..iv only ever heard good things about them so if this is an upgraded version I'm sure it will be awesome mate.
    like i said to you and alan regarding OP's.... I'm not arsed about the cost... 60 quid extra is no dramas if the bursons are better so hopefully alan will let me know what he thinks in due course. let us know what you think of the jolida when she's up and running
    cheers
    Will do mate, it arrived this morning so I'm hoping to do some listening this evening. Early signs are promising and the fact there are more upgrades available should mean it can get better.

+ Reply to Thread