+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spotify Connect on MoOde - Working :)

I'm Mike.

Default Spotify Connect on MoOde - Working 😊

Hi,

Finally found a simple way to add Spotify Connect to MoOde by using one simple line of code via SSH.

Just follow the instructions on this page, although what I did first was to go into the MoOde settings and expand the SD card within the main System Settings page itself, not sure if needed but didn't think it would do any harm. Once the Pi rebooted I then installed Raspotify as per this page.....

https://github.com/dtcooper/raspotif...ster/README.md

You need only add in this one line

curl -sL https://dtcooper.github.io/raspotify/install.sh | sh

The rest of his page just expands on what happens during the install, and also adds more info if you need to add login details, I didn't need to add any details at all.

Be patient as it takes several minutes to install, it will eventually take you back to the first enter prompt that you get when you log into MoOde via ssh.

MoOde will now show up on your tablet/phone or whatever device you use to control Spotify as a Spotify Connect device.

Happy Days
    Last edited by mikeyb; 19-08-2017 at 08:45.

I'm Barry.

Hi Mike, thought I would give this a go. Seemed to install ok and can read config file but no device showing in the Spotify app on my ipad or my PC, any ideas?

Raspberry Pi 3 booting from usb stick, using latest version of moode 3.8.4, advance kernel with Allo Boss dac. Works fine using airplay.

Thanks

I'm Mike.

Not sure, I've redone it on my Pi without the Allo Boss Dac and now it doesn't work, but away on holiday tomorrow so so don't have time to fix it.

I'm Mike.

Try a reboot of your iPad, I think that helped the first time round for me

I'm Barry.

Well, reinstalled Spotify app and rebooted pi and router and it's now working �� Next step, to set higher bitrate in the config file.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    Well, reinstalled Spotify app and rebooted pi and router and it's now working �� Next step, to set higher bitrate in the config file.
    Ah now I never thought of that, it's funny you mention it though as I've a funny feeling I maybe rebooted the router around the time I installed connect. I'll try and do a reinstall just now as I can't see why removing the Boss Dac would stop it working, ( I was trying to use USB ).

I'm Barry.

USB boot worked first time for me, but it can depend on the stick used. I copied working image from the sd card to my PC then wrote the image to the USB stick.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit1cat View Post
    USB boot worked first time for me, but it can depend on the stick used. I copied working image from the sd card to my PC then wrote the image to the USB stick.
    Sorry I meant external USB DAC

I'm Barry.

Ah, with you. Seems to be a lot of problems with USB dacs on some of the other forums I follow.

I'm Mike.

If anyone wants to try this then it's a bit hit and miss.

It works most of the time but for some strange reason or other it just disappears and you have to install it again.

I don't use Volumio 2 on my main system but I do use it in my #2 system in the pc room and it uses a Spotify Connect plugin that works well and doesn't disappear.

So if you're keen to use Spotify on your Pi I'd recommend Volumio 2 and the Spotify Connect plugin that can be installed via the plugins menu. Takes 2 minutes.

It works much better than the Spotify plugin for Volumio as you can use your tablet or phone to search and control Spotify.

+ Reply to Thread