+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS; Dad's old hifi (Linn, Ortofon, Vertex, Nordost, ANT, and more)

I'm Tony.

Default FS; Linn / Vertex / ANT pre-amp

My father died a couple of months ago. He was fairly seriously into his hifi (vinyl mainly) but mum's not, and I'm not, so there's some stuff to be sold.

I don't want to put it on eBay and waste my time dealing with the scammers just so that I can pay eBay and PayPal a big chunk of the proceeds, so I signed up here to (a) ask some dumb questions about it all, and (b) offer it for sale to people who might appreciate it.

A lot of it seems fairly esoteric, so getting sensible valuations hasn't been easy. The prices below are probably high, because I'd rather price it high and take an offer than price it too low. Which means that I am open to offers. I'd prefer offers to be on the thread rather than via PM just so that its all transparent to all. I'm also happy for "comments" on the pricing, because if my prices are mad so that I can adjust them. I'd rather it sold than collected dust.

I don't know much more detail about any of it, and certainly not to questions that have already been asked (like how many hours playing time on the cartridge or when the amp was last serviced). The only person who will have an idea abut that stuff isn't answering. I do know that he was fairly obsessive about his set-up (as the components probably indicate), so I'm assuming that it was all properly cared for.

It's all based in South Cheshire and I'm in Norfolk, so taking additional photos isn't going to be quick or easy. I'd prefer collection from either location, or from somewhere along the A14/M6 route.

I'll add the various bits to this post as I get the photos and details sorted out, which is why I've "reserved" the next couple of posts in this thread.

Here goes ...
    Last edited by Tony01; 25-08-2017 at 14:07. Reason: reflect sold items

I'm Tony.

First up, some real oddities.

ANT Audio Kora 3T Phono Preamplifier £350.

Vertexaq Taga distribution block £550. <<< SOLD<<< subject to payment.

Nordost power cables (x4) £150 <<<SOLD

Lengths are (approx) 35, 40, 90 & 95 cm.
    Last edited by Tony01; 27-08-2017 at 06:59. Reason: Sold cables & Taga block

I'm Tony.

detail2

Quad 909 £500. Pretty sure that I saw the box for this in the loft. <<< SOLD <<<

Audiolab 8000C £150. Don't have to risk going into the loft for the box for this one. <<<SOLD <<<

PRICE REDUCED by £500 ...
    I had some comments suggesting that this was over-priced, so on the basis that it's really of no value at all sat under a table, I'll try tempting someone at a lower price ...

Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok LVII, Ortofon Cadenza Red £2250 now £1750 . Box for the TT also in the loft.

I've been told to take the cartridge off the arm, and the arm off the deck and sell them all separately to maximise the value. But I don't need/want the hassle, and risk of my hammer slipping as I'm taking it all apart.

Thick chunk of perspex can go with the TT if buyer wants it.

I realise that I'm new here, and have no bona fides to support sales of this value. I'm an admin / owner of a similar site (for a different hobby) which is the UK's largest / busiest site for that hobby, so if anyone is interested in any of this stuff, but wary of dealing with a noob, I can provide some evidence of who I am and my general good chappiness.

He also had a Marantz SA-KI-Pearl-Lite CD player, boxed and looking like new, but I might just keep that for myself.
    Last edited by Tony01; 25-08-2017 at 14:05. Reason: Audiolab sold. Quad sold.

I'm Geoff.

Please read the selling rules Tony. Prices have to be quoted.

To be honest, if you are unsure of what an item is or of its value, I really think you'd be best advised to open a thread in the Blank Canvas section and discuss what you have with members and ask for values before placing sales listings here.

Sorry to hear of your dad's passing.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Please read the selling rules Tony. Prices have to be quoted.
    I did, and I have?

I'm gone.

Sorry to hear about your father's passing, Tony.

Yes, some esoteric gear there!
    Three of those power cables look like the excellent Nordost Blue Heaven. Not sure what the one different colour is.
    Good luck with the sales.

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread for anything of interest to me. (I'm not into vinyl any more).

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony01 View Post
    I did, and I have?
    Yes, I can see prices for all the gear.

I'm Dan.

Other power cable is a Puple Flare

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony01 View Post
    I did, and I have?
    They are there now. Missing when I looked earlier and only the ANT was shown.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Tony.

@alcarmichael - your PM inbox is full.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast